Kydex sheaths

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jun 25, 2004
Hi folks

I need a kydex sheath making for my Blackjack Grunt. Any ideas who could do this for me and how much it's likely to cost?

Cheers
Rich

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
I don't think Shing does Kydex

motorbikeman did but he's not on the forum at the moment and lost his workshop, mojofilter might be able to help. I know Espy does or did kydex as well

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
What kind of sheath were you looking for?
Would you be happy with 0.060" thick kydex?
What kind of carry system did you want?

Your best bet would be to try Britishblades.com, however the three people that came to my mind have been mentioned and it sounds like they aren't really available right now.

I can do kydex, but I have a couple of knife commisions sitting and eyeing me accusingly from the work bench, so I couldn't guarantee exactly when it would be done. I also don't know what the going rate is in the UK for kydex work. In the US a Grunt sheath is probably between $25 and $50, against which you have the fact that many people here sell themselves cheap, but the material and fittings have to be imported. I would reckon on one being about £20 here, but that is just a guess.

Have a look on BB, put down some more specifics, you never know, someone might jump forward :)

Jun 25, 2004
Thanks for the help chaps. I have e-mailed Blackjack about it.

It's a lovely knife but the leather sheath is crap and cut through pretty much as soon as I started using it, I may make one out of leather for it but I have knives with Kydex and it's just so practical.

I will be in touch!

Cheers
Rich

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE