Kydex sheath

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Blankfisherman

Tenderfoot
Apr 8, 2004
Fareham, Hampshire
Greetings from the newboy

Just a couple of questions.

1.What exactly is Kydex?

2.Where is the nearest shop that sell Fallkniven knives (I live in Hampshire - home of the New Forest) as before I buy a knife it is an advantage to know the feel and balance with in my own hand?

Cheers

Tom

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Welcome to BCUK :wave:

Kydex is a plastic sheet that you can use for thermoforming (moulding using heat). It is quite commonly used as sheath material because of the ease with which it can be formed around the knife. It is waterproof, weatherproof and robust.

As to a stockist near to you, no idea I'm afraid ...

Hope you enjoy being part of the BCUK community!

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
I haven't researched this, so I can't be sure, but....

Last year, in May, there was an arms and militaria show at Bisley shooting ground. Framar Knives were there. They had an A1 on show, and may be able to get the others. Dunno if the show is happening again :-?

Your best bet would be to go ask both questions in BritishBlades. There are some people there who sell stuff. Knives really are their speciality.

If your kydex order is under £18, you could order from the US and not have duty.

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
any company who sells Fallkniven in the UK has to buy them from heinne
as they have the sole rights to import and sell in the UK

if you call heinne they may be able to infom you who they supply in your area or you could order from them

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
As far as I'm aware Tom, there aren't actually that many places around here that sell decent knives. One of the guys at work bought a Fallkniven from Hennie, good service and definately a nice knife.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE