Kydex sheath with strop

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nightfly

On a new journey
Dec 22, 2010
ANC
After Rob Evans made me a new kydex sheath with a leather beltloop for my Pug, I asked him if he could make me something similar for his Bushtool with some changes. He came up with this very clever design to satisfy my obsession with having a sheath double as a field strop... :C
The loop has two snaps and a removable cinch strap. Unsnap them and unfold the leather loop (treated with autosol). Use your knife lanyard to loop the strop around a branch, hold the kydex in one hand and pull it taut.
After you are done, snap the whole thing back together.
The strop is attached to the kydex with 4 screws.

DSC_0001-27.jpg

DSC_0003-17.jpg

DSC_0004-16.jpg

DSC_0005-11.jpg

DSC_0006-11.jpg

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece
Fantastic idea.

Weird thing is there are no end of "survival" knifes that come with sharpeners, but very very few that come with strops.
In the field it's very rare i've needed to sharpen a knife though, a quick strop with my belt has got me through so far.

Maybe you'll start a new trend :)

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
how about making up a kydex belt loop insert, it would stay on your belt when you need to use the strop, but stop the autosol staining your belt when carried

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE