kydex sheath for ukpk and leather possible pouch

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
i was asked by one of our members to make him a kydex sheath for his ukpk, now he wanted it like i make leather ones, but in kydex, i made this out of 0.08 kydex, and used a teklok on the back.
hope you like it.

IMG_2660 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

IMG_2661 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

IMG_2663 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

IMG_2664 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

IMG_2666 by lucky_lee, on Flickr
he also wanted me to make him a leather pouch for a 2 oz tobacco tin, he wanted this in black, to house the said tin, and to have black stitching, i put some embelishment on the inside lip for him, i also added a welt to this, and most people will wonder why, as there is no knife in there, what i have found when people make these, is that there is not enough room in there to take the tin out, or there is to much room and the tin rattles around, by adding the right size welt you iliminate both.
he asked me to add a fire steel holder but left it to late, as i had already made the pouch when he asked so what i done as a comprmise, as i like to look after me customers, was add an eyelett just inside the pouch lid, so that you can add a keyring to this and there for he can still carry he firesteel with the pouch, he also did not want to where it to tight to his belt so i sowed the tabs on the back, and made some 2 inch danglers to get the clearance he desired.
hope you like it.

possible pouch for 2 oz tobacco tin by lucky_lee, on Flickr

IMG_2671 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

IMG_2670 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

IMG_2672 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

IMG_2675 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

IMG_2676 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

IMG_2677 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

IMG_2678 by lucky_lee, on Flickr
all comments are welcome.
take care.
lee.

cowboy

Banned
May 3, 2010
The shire
LOVE IT lee!!! I might have to ask you to make one up for me in September after iv been to the US and picked a few spydies up! :)

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
Good to see your recent boout of bad luck isn't keeping you down too much. Those are really lovely mate. Love that baccy tin pouch especially. not a huge fan of Kydex to be honest but each to their own.

Hope the thumb's healing nicely.
thanks brother i'm not a fan me self mate, but me customers pestered me to to the kydex to, and there is a time and a place for it, but my love will always be leather.
take care.
lee.

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
Really like your work and will have to commission a dark brown leather combo belt holder for my Fallkniven U1, Fenix LD 10 and maybe room for some spare AA batteries and a small sharpener in the near future?

ATB,

Steve.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
Really like your work and will have to commission a dark brown leather combo belt holder for my Fallkniven U1, Fenix LD 10 and maybe room for some spare AA batteries and a small sharpener in the near future?

ATB,

Steve.
thank you bud, when you are ready just drop me a pm mate.
take care.
lee.

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Leather all the way when it comes to looks. Personally not too keen on the kydex here
as it look too bulky for what its carying. Now the leather one you did for the UKPK torch and fire steel was beautiful and woul use one like it myself.

pauljm116

Native
May 6, 2011
Rainham, Kent
Received today. The fit of the UKPK sheath is absolutely superb, its nice and snug but not too tight and my UKPK looks great in it. The tobacco tin pouch is a really beautiful piece of work and will be put to good use. Thanks Lee for your excellent workmanship and a superb service everytime.
20120213_121153.jpg

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
Received today. The fit of the UKPK sheath is absolutely superb, its nice and snug but not too tight and my UKPK looks great in it. The tobacco tin pouch is a really beautiful piece of work and will be put to good use. Thanks Lee for your excellent workmanship and a superb service everytime.
View attachment 8674
glad you are happy with it mate, it means the world when me customers are happy.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE