kydex commision

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
i was commisioned to make a kydex sheath for a member on this wonderfull place, he wanted a kydex sheath for a falkiniven f1, he saw the post i put up the other day, with the kydex sheath i built, and wanted one the same. its made out of 0.08 kydex, with a 0.08 kydex belt loop, i made the sheath first in the 0.060, and was not happy at all, as i felt as tho the kydex was to flimsy, so i ordered more of a heavy gage kydex, and now i'm completely happy, it has a fire steel holder, but this is made out of leather, as i think is better to have a bit of flex, and love the kydex leather combo.
hope you like it.

kydex sheath for falkniven F1. by lucky_lee, on Flickr

002 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

003 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

004 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

006 by lucky_lee, on Flickr
all comments are welcome.
take care.
lee.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
looks great nice and clean
tho im not a fan of Kydex belt loops (thats just a personnal pref)

and you can do sprung kydex Fire steel loops ;)

definatly to big a knife for 0.060" kydex

ATB

Duncan
thanks mate, from the king of kydex, that makes me proud, the guy who commissioned this wanted the kydex belt loop, but what i have done is spaced the eyelets so that it will accommodate the tek locks, if he wants to change it.
i would like to do the belt loops in leather to.
as then you have a bit more flexibility, when bending and that, if you don't go down the tek lok rout.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
Very nice looking set up.

Have you made any sheaths for Mora's?
no mate, as leather is my thing, but one could be made out of kydex, if thats something you would be interested in mate, i have started doing kydex to, out of demand as a lot of my leather customers have been asking, i'm all equipped to cater for all my kydex needs now.

@ luckylee yes mate deff interested, I'm after a Sheath for my Mora with

a Holder for my LMF Military Ferro Rod,
a 25mm Web Attachment so I can mount it on my Bergen shoulder straps right way up or upside down,
a Ring attachment so i can attach it to my Maxpedition Keyper (To make it a dangler)
a belt loop / clip

Tall order I know.....

Last edited:

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham

a 25mm Web Attachment so I can mount it on my Bergen shoulder straps right way up or upside down,
a Ring attachment so i can attach it to my Maxpedition Keyper (To make it a dangler)
a belt loop / clip

Tall order I know.....
will send you a pm bud.

georann

Feb 13, 2010
Warwickshire
www.slice-of-fire.co.uk

a belt loop / clip

Tall order I know.....

Would be very interested in seeing the results of this if you make it lee. Sounds like an interesting project.

P.S. Where do you buy your kydex sheets from?

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
Would be very interested in seeing the results of this if you make it lee. Sounds like an interesting project.

P.S. Where do you buy your kydex sheets from?
from knife kits mate, in the states.
just waiting on some drawings from him bud, and then will make what he needs.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE