kuska tutorial

M

Mike Denner

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a how to make a kuska tutorial, if there is one on this site, i was gonna buy one then thought i might give it a go myself, i have plenty of wood so was also wondering what the best wood would be to use.
Thanks.
Mike

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
i'm also on this as a project over the winter break, does any one know of any pre treatments of the burl, i.e salt soak,drying over a long period, i've nearly finished one made following the tutorial on this site using a nornal birch log but i have found a nice sized birch burl and would like to have a go, any help would be great.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Just started making one too :) Hi Southey, im in Forres, small world!

hello inthewids, i'm quite new to these parts, moved up from plymouth around sept, very excited about getting out and about, any suggestions of good lacal places would be great.

i've spotted just the burl to collect, and i'm having a bit of trouble working out if your supposed to soak in salt water after cleaning up abit and before carving or after finishing the kuksa as a whole.very ecited about the filling it with whisky, more about the emptying. again do i need to do both salt and or whisky? smoe time the more you read the more it confuses. good luck with yours.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE