Kunzi Stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I've not seen one before but it looks like it should work okay. You might have to translate the technicalities but it looks like it's made of a stainless steel so it should stand up to plenty of abuse.

How does the price compare to the Honey stove we have over here ?

susi

Nomad
Jul 23, 2008
Finland
Yup, I thought is was a bit steep at 82€, but I don't mind paying for one-off bits of gear, if it does a job well and lasts a few years.

As for translation:

Pocket sized - Uses small pieces of wood, folds up small, no need for gas or wood'

Environmental - Because it uses a renewable source of fuel, cooking on your trip is carbon neutral. Also if you put it on top of a flat stone, it can operate without leaving a trace (unlike campfire)'

Good performance - plenty of air flow, allows high temperatures to be reached quickly (up to 800°C). You can boil a fairly large amount of water or quickly and efficiently prepare your meal.

Quality workmanship - Made in Switzerland. 1mm gauge steel (CrNi). The factory that makes these also supplies the Swiss Army. It is hand made from 15 different parts, and has a 10 year guarantee.

Technical information - 115mm x 110mm x 150mm high when erected. 150 x 110 x 10mm when folded. Weighs 520 grams.

The pictures at the bottom show the different ways you can set it up.

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
has anybody made their own? im thinking a slot together vertion would work well

pete

Yup.
If you Google 'Nimblewill' stove you can find the plans. Download them, print them out and then cut them out.
Here's mine:

3545463577_b7ffc39f8c.jpg

3545463715_986ca242e5.jpg

I made mine an inch or two larger than the plans and made the air-inlet holes at the bottom slightly bigger as well.

green elk

Sep 25, 2008
out there
Here's a german video review: http://www.odoo.tv/Kuenzi-Magic-Flame.280.0.html The guy isn't saying much more than you can get from the junzi website, but at least you can see it in action.

I got a cheap russian copy of the Kunzi. Crappy workmanship and cheap metal, but it works quite well. Here's a pic:

To be honest i ended up using no hobos, cooking on a campfire is almost as simple as a hobo and weighs half a kilo less...

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Its very similar to a stove i made last year, that slotted together, and sat in its own base to prevent scorching the floor, and to contain ash, and mine were nowhere near that price !.

Rob

Hello. There are no russian copys of the Künzi on the market. Outec sells very old models of the original Magic-Flame. I guess, they got them from a former client of mine who became bankrupt years ago (.. and never payd my bill... ).

BTW: The actual Magic-Flame Next-Generation have livetime guarantee.

Roland, KCC

green elk

Sep 25, 2008
out there
Hello. There are no russian copys of the Künzi on the market. Outec sells very old models of the original Magic-Flame. I guess, they got them from a former client of mine who became bankrupt years ago (.. and never payd my bill... ).

Sorry to hear that you got cheated. The engraving on my hobo shows this companies logo: http://expedicia.ru/index_welcome.php That's why i guessed it is a russian rip-off. Can you confirm that they are the "bad guys"? If you want any detailed pictures contact me.
Cheers,

Karlson

Hello Karlson, many thanks for your infos. Sort of, I do not really care for this strange cookers who loom from time to time. Maybe this are all original old Künzi-Cookers just with a additional logo to confuse the people ..... ;-) The russian company seams not to have something to do with outdoor cookers. Yes, if you like, please send me some detailed pictures of your cooker, just for curiosity. I think that I will see quickly if this is a family member of mine or not. Thanks in advance.

Roland, KCC

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE