Kuksa Noob

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

kuksanoob

Mar 28, 2017
London
Hey guys,

I recently was sent a kuksa by someone as a gift.
They did not make it themselves and its from someone who sells them.

It arrived with a slight crack on the inside of it. Nothing massive and doesn't open up to the other side creating a hole.
It's just a small crack about the length of half a tooth pick and the with of a 3 sheets of paper.

I was just curious if this is normal?
or if I should attempt to send this back?
is it still usable with a crack?

I apologise if this isn't the best forum to ask but I typed in cracked kuksa to google ad this was the first website to pop up.
But from having a few peeps at the threads you guys seem to know your stuff so I'd appreciate the response
Thanks

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
I'd also send it back.

it can happen and it did to SWBO's after some use. To repair it I drilled a very small hole right at the bottom of the crack, helps to stop it spreading. After cleaning thoroughly I then filled the hole and crack with epoxy and then sanded smooth. That was approx. 6 years ago and no issues since.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
If it is one of the massproduced kåsas from straight grained wood I would send it back. If it is hand crafted from a birch burl I would repair it as SoldierPalmer recommends.

Use the same wood as it is made from.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE