kolrosing mora 120

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
as the title suggests, i did a bit of kolrosing on my mora 120. i don't think it's finished completely but it is for now. all comments/criticisms welcome :)

1z55eev.jpg

2yy3txw.jpg

thanks for looking

stuart

Last edited:

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
nice one mate, it looks really good! :)

I was thinking of getting a 106 and burning in some ivy detail on the handle, with one of those wood burning tools. Got any more things you might liven up?

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
......Got any more things you might liven up?

i didn't have anything in mind at all but since you asked this everything wooden is looking like a potential project; tables, chairs, gemma's antique bookcase, the shed door, i'm gonna end up kolrosing the entire house :eek:

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
Very tidy Stu,...its transformed it!...

any advice on the method/tooling required please?

i,d like to have a go...

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
cheers chaps :)

raikey - this article on wayland's site does a good job of explaining the process http://www.ravenlore.co.uk/html/kolrosing.html
i use a little penknife for kolrosing, nothing at all special, craft knifes work really well, anything that you can hold more or less like a pen really. as for the ground alder bark/cinnamon for rubbing into the design, well you can use anything that's powdery really, for this particular piece i used instant coffee. i keep meaning to try blackboard chalks and see how well they work for different colours but i've not got round to it, i think they should work pretty well though. remember to show us what you come up with :)

cheers

stuart

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
nice work there Stu :).......

cheers pete :)

....Getting in practice before working on the Kuksa

the apple one? you're assuming that one day i'm going to get it finished, must be about three years in now on that project :rolleyes:

you are sort of right though, i am practicing to try and get up to a level where i'm confident to do a specific job that i have in mind. i've done a little bit more on this project now which is pretty close to the standard i'm aiming for (i'll post another pic when i work out where my camera's been tidied away to this time, bless her). i've come up against a bit of a limiting factor though at the moment, namely i've reached the limit of what i can actually see, so i need some form of magnification before i can really take this much further, we're getting there though :)

cheers

stuart

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE