knock off kit from Ebay

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hoggy

Jan 30, 2010
uk
I saw this today on the BBC http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-11846568. Seems he was selling MOD kit rucksacks, boots, etc. (quite a lot of it) that only the MOD is allowed to sell. How can we be sure that we don't end up buying stuff like this? I presume that those that bought off him would have had to return the kit and are now out of pocket?

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Even reputable sellers can end up being duped into buying stolen stock its not just us. Use common sense when buying and if you buy in 'good faith' you won't have anything to worry about. Doubtful the new owners of goods from the guy in question will have to send back a pair of boots or a back pack.

Bigfoot

Settler
Jul 10, 2010
Scotland
Even reputable sellers can end up being duped into buying stolen stock its not just us. Use common sense when buying and if you buy in 'good faith' you won't have anything to worry about. Doubtful the new owners of goods from the guy in question will have to send back a pair of boots or a back pack.

As far as I know "buying in good faith" is not a legal remedy. If the goods purchased from a bona fide vendor have been stolen originally, the vendor will in all likelihood be charged with reset and the goods would be recovered from the buyer, with no refund available to him. There may be some protection for the buyer if the transaction was done by credit card but I'm no sure how they would treat stolen goods.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
I've seen a very "hot", "dodgy" PLCE rucksack in a surplus store....it's this sandy brown "Pecoc" Camo design they were testing last year but didn't use!
pecoc-hybrid_camo.jpg

they couldn't even give a rough price for it! Undoubtedly stolen goods IMHO! ;)

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
its not just milsurp people either, a paramedic got caught out flogging nicked NHS gear on ebay a few years ago, basically i stick to the old adage 'if its to good to be true, it probably is' and i steer well clear cos it will either be a fake, nicked, or not really like the description given!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE