Knivegg knives

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
Anyone have any experience of Knivegg blades? Just bought a blade blank, carbon steel, scandi grind for £22 delivered! Very pleased with it. Made in Sweden by what I can gather. Fitted it with elm scales yesterday. Just need to put it through its paces now.....
136a154d14071bc915008a18fb989054.jpg

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
They are not made in Sweden, despite the Swedish name.
I think they are made in different countries, Honduras and Spain possibly.
Company might be Swedish? I am unsure about this.

I looked into this some time ago, but the Internet is very quiet about this.

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
Heinnie's said they were Swedish so I assumed of Swedish manufacture bit perhaps not, even so a nice even grind and good finish.

Yes, very similar shape to a Mora and 3.4mm thick. I'm liking it so far!

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
If it says ‘Made in Sweden’ on the blade then it is. I can not see any such text on the heinnie pics?

Do they really say they are made there?

I have tried to get info about a company calked Knivegg in Sweden but failed so far.
Btw, kniv egg or knivegg means ‘knife edge’ in Swedish.

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
No, they didn't say they said they were made there I just assumed that was the case. They said Knivegg is Swedish.....

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
Right, just heard back from Moonraker knives who tell me the company is European and the blades are not produced in Sweden. Still, see how it fairs as it's looking promising so far!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE