knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

verloc

Settler
Jun 2, 2008
East Lothian, Scotland
Well I must admit I nearly didn't read this thread but I'm glad I have, and I do agree with Hoodoo that the standard responses tend to dull the interest rather more than the repeated question IMHO.

Plus I would always rather get an up-to-date opinion - and if you don't want to read / comment then you don't have to. It also is quite a nice 2nd / 3rd post for someone new to the site to make - to break their duck so to speak.

I never considered myself to be a "knife person" but meh gawd Hoodoo has all the nice shiny shiny - I'd love to see the look on a burglers face if he broke into your house and was confronted with all the sharps :D

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
I never considered myself to be a "knife person" but meh gawd Hoodoo has all the nice shiny shiny - I'd love to see the look on a burglers face if he broke into your house and was confronted with all the sharps :D

Well, he's more likely to be confronted with something more tubular. :lmao: :lmao:

Boatswain

Tenderfoot
May 18, 2007
South London
No idea really. :confused:

Sorry Chance. It's just that, "Get a mora" and "Use the search function" are classic conversation killers that I get a little tired of.

As the person who more or less said "use the search function" I feel obliged to respond

it took 7 posts to get to the answer we always arrive at for this question and no doubt they'll be 100's more comparing clippers, 747's et al.

If you want a discussion about alternatives to the Mora then that's a different issue, but it's all too easy for everybody to get the answers spoonfed to them when a little bit of effort could reveal the same thing and show some sort of interest. "give someone a fish etc. etc."

Cheers Boatswain
Audio Video Disco

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
It still seems to read like "can't be bothered to help ,find out for yourself" not very welcoming.

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
Whats youre budget?/are you after a bushcraft type knife?one for carving?Fixed tang?folding?How long?How small?Swiss army knives are good..so are nice custom made jobs..More specifics and ill be glad to help you...

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
...... It also is quite a nice 2nd / 3rd post for someone new to the site to make - to break their duck so to speak.......

sign0032.gif

duck.gif

Draven

Native
Jul 8, 2006
Scotland
Normally I'd say get a Mora too, but having just got an Old Hickory knife, and assuming they're all of the same high standard...

Get an old hickory knife :D

Still love my moras but it's nice to have a change once in a while :cool:

Chance

Nomad
May 10, 2006
Aberdeenshire
In my tenuous defence, I'd made the same new-to-site = new-to-toys mistake. Hence the suggestion of something proven that's easy to source. It's the advice I would have liked to have been given before I bought a Spanish version of the old RM/WS survival knife a long, long time ago. I still haven't managed to put an edge back on it.

I wouldn't have taken the advice ("What, I only need to spend £4; that can't be enough"), but I would have appreciated it.

camokid

Forager
Mar 3, 2009
coventry
i thank all of you 4 your replys its been very helpfull. in the end i got a traditonal frost mora knife with a oak firesteel from ebay paid £23 just in the post now.i am a keen shooter and do a little bushcraft if you can call it that. i just love being in the woods i feel free so a good knife was needed so thanks again for your help.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE