Knife with filework and scrimshaw "Tiger"

KELindblad

Settler
Jul 20, 2009
Sweden
knives.dreamlandproject.se
***SOLD, pending funds! Many thanks!***

***Crazy week sale, 50 GBP off until Sunday 16th May, then back to ordinary price***

[Blade] AEB-L blade grinded by Thomas Löfgren with false edge on spine, lenght ~105mm

[Handle] Silver 5mm in guard, stabilized birch, alternative ivory, tin and black spacer. Lenght spine=~105mm, lenght belly ~95mm

[Sheath] Shaft leather with display window for scrimshaw, motive colored. (If someone wants it, I can also make a similiar sheath without a window, no extra charge!)

[Stand] A black wood stand is included in price.

[Price] Ordinary price 225 GBP, Crazy Weekprice 175 GBP including shipping Europe or US and paypal fees.

Thanks for looking!

bb70sale1.jpg

bb70sale2.jpg

bb70sale3.jpg

bb70sale4.jpg

bb70sale5.jpg

bb70sale6.jpg

Last edited:

TJRoots

Nomad
Jul 16, 2009
East sussex
that is truly stunning, i wish i could afford that, if its still up for sale in a few months when i have some more money (and i highly doubt it will be) i might buy that, but only if i have money to throw away cause although thats worth every penny, for me thats alot of money to spend on a knife.

fantastic work :)

KELindblad

Settler
Jul 20, 2009
Sweden
knives.dreamlandproject.se
that is truly stunning, i wish i could afford that, if its still up for sale in a few months when i have some more money (and i highly doubt it will be) i might buy that, but only if i have money to throw away cause although thats worth every penny, for me thats alot of money to spend on a knife.

fantastic work :)

Hi!

Thank you for your comments about my knife/work! Highly appreciated!

Yes, it´s alot of money for a knife and at the same time it´s a lot of knife for that money :D It´s a hard thing priceing the work that is done. I want my knives to be used as they are built for that purpose, but I also know there is a limit where the knife is at a level where the buyer don´t want/dare to use it, instead put it on a shelf. It´s difficult to know where the limit between an "art knife" and a "user knife" goes.

After all, it may just end up on my own shelf, as this knife is one of few during a knifemakers life, that actually is a dream coming through. I have had this idea for many years, but did not get the materials that I wanted to use for this theme knife. Special pattern in the handle wood, the scrim motive (A sketch that I did for my wife many years ago) that is the beginning of this knife project. The blade shape. Suddenly all pieces comes together at the same time and I finally got the opportunity to build this knife. A dream did came through!

So if no one is buying this one, it will end up on my shelf, and I won´t be sorry about it at all! But as long as funds needed, I will try and see if someone can buy it.

Kind regards,
Karl-Erik

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE