Knife to fit a sheath

Just wanted to share this with you , when i went to learn about leather work , the guy made this sheath as a demo to show me how to carve leather , he gave it me at the end of the lesson , so i thought i would make a knife to fit into it.
It is a 10" long bowie knife with antler scales , the antler is over 25 years old rescued from a friends garden , you can see the age in it I really like this antler think it came out great ,
the blade is just under 6" long 2" wide and has copper fused onto the 1080 steel during heat treating the brass bolster is shaped and it also has file work , sorry no pics my son came messing while i was trying to take the pics.
Not really a bushcraft knife but thought i would share it anyway
hope you like it :)
DSCF1522.jpg

caliban

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 16, 2008
edinburgh
I really admire the skills displayed in that sheath, but carved leather is not my cup of tea. The knife, on the other hand, is a cracker. The antler is superb. I love the chunky bolster, it almost looks cast, and I love the contrast between the mirror edge of the blade and the forge finished spine. Top work Sir.

PS. Nothing aginst the sheath, it's brilliant work, I'm just a simple soul.

ForgeCorvus

Nomad
Oct 27, 2007
norfolk
I like that a lot, good steel, great finish and a handy sized version of a classic form

My one gripe?
Why is it not a "bushcraft knife"? I'll admit its not a 4 inch bladed drop-point scandi-grind, but its not some fugly 'tactical' short sword either

A man could do a lot with that, pity I can't afford it

The sheath isn't my thing either, I find the work impressive and admire the skill needed......I to, am a simple soul

I'm gonna stop writing now, this post it getting longer and longer, and I only wanted to say "Nice Knife"

Sweet! (too short - must add something!)
I am using up all my steel stock at the moment and ending knife production for the time being, So on my bench is a "10 inch blade version of this , just to use up the steel of course :D

Very nice see also my pm
Responded to Steve thanks

I like that a lot, good steel, great finish and a handy sized version of a classic form

My one gripe?
Why is it not a "bushcraft knife"? I'll admit its not a 4 inch bladed drop-point scandi-grind, but its not some fugly 'tactical' short sword either

A man could do a lot with that, pity I can't afford it

The sheath isn't my thing either, I find the work impressive and admire the skill needed......I to, am a simple soul

I'm gonna stop writing now, this post it getting longer and longer, and I only wanted to say "Nice Knife"
The guy who made the sheath was giving me a demo of leather carving , the sheath start to finish took him about 15 Min's , i was gob smacked at the speed and skill, so I just had to make a knife to go into it , I will keep this one as a reminder , the guy also does a lot of leather gear for cowboy types , gun belts and the like , this is the reason it was a bowie sheath :)

thanks everyone for your comments glad you like it :)
John

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE