Knife storage.

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
SWMBO has finally drawn the line at the amount of sharp and shiney things i've got around the house. A well known German super market has these on offer at the moment so i grabbed a couple :)

storage1.jpg

fixed blades

storage2.jpg

more fixed blades

storage3.jpg

and some more

storage4.jpg

boxed folders

storage5.jpg

loose folders

storage6.jpg

and i've got room for more .....happy days :)

oh, here's the ones in the pouch.

pouch.jpg

and a set of little key ring knives

keyring.jpg

have to go and find more ! Hahahaha :)

Last edited:

Landy_Dom

Nomad
Jan 11, 2006
Mold, North Wales
Thanks Robbi - you're a star - now whenever anyone accuses me of having too many knives, I can show them these photos and I look like I have far too FEW knives in comparison :) What a great public service you are providing to the bushcraft community :)

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I believe in safe storage of my knives. Well the theory goes if I can't find the damn things noone else will!! I've lost one SAK (my first SAK and second ever knife so sentimental not practical use). I got a nice tiny gunmetal coloured witby folder. It is skeleton, locking and clipped into a velcro pocket like those coin pockets on jears that was on my old walking trousers and couldn't be seen as the colours matched so well. Meant I had no problem carrying it as a EDC when out walking or backpacking. I think I also have my first ever knifer somewhere too. And my clipper. The only knife I do jknow about is my SAK cyber tool. That is always in my side drawer and stays there. Unless it is on bottle opening duties on a camp out with mates of course!!

Wilderbeast

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
Isn't the golden coloured knife in the top left of the nylon pouch storage system a butterfly knife? Aren't butterfly knives illegal to own?

Not trying to bust your balls or anything mate and I haven't looked up the statute regarding this but I think there might be a legal issue there.....thought you should know! :p

Isn't the golden coloured knife in the top left of the nylon pouch storage system a butterfly knife? Aren't butterfly knives illegal to own?

Not trying to bust your balls or anything mate and I haven't looked up the statute regarding this but I think there might be a legal issue there.....thought you should know! :p

um no they are illegal to Buy, sell, import, or to give as a gift but if you have owned them since before they where put on the Offensive weapons register then you can still own one tho you cannot take it into a public place as its automatically possession of an offensive weapon.
Remember your car is considered a Public place so you cant take it anywhere either ( not sure what happens if you move house etc )

plus hes in Northern Ireland and Laws may be different

ATB

Duncan

Last edited:

Wilderbeast

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
um no they are illegal to Buy, sell, import, or to give as a gift but if you have owned them since before they where put on the Offensive weapons register then you can still own one tho you cannot take it into a public place as its automatically possession of an offensive weapon.
Remember your car is considered a Public place so you cant take it anywhere either ( not sure what happens if you move house etc )

ATB

Duncan

Cheers Duncan, knew I'd read something about their legality and suspected that this might be the case!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE