Knife Sheath Project

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
Looks like I have caught the leather craft bug, this is now my thrid project. This is the first knife sheath I have made and I have to say I am quiet happy with how it turned out, there are a few mistakes but I am still learning as I go.

Over all it turned out OK and the knife fits wells and is held in with friction.
SheathBuild16.jpg

The belt loop went a bit wonky when I clamped it down but not too bad.
SheathBuild17.jpg

One mistake I made was when I got 3/4 of the way though stitching up the side when I realised my thread was never going to make it to the end.
SheathBuild14.jpg

SheathBuild15.jpg

If you interested the below is a little slide show of the build as I went along.

[video=youtube;O4exvws5INc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4exvws5INc[/video]

Any idea on getting a professional finish would be greatly appreciated.

I am not really in love with the dark colour of the dye, dark chocolate appears more black to me so I will be remaking the sheath with what I have learn and hopefully improve on what I managed this time.

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
Great work there mate!, very nice level of finish. If you are wanting to play about with different colours i would highly recommend getting an airbrush, tiny little compressor and airbrush gun are about £50 from the bay of evil, but allow you to do some really cool stuff. I never regretted getting mine put it that way.

Love the slide show too, maybe a tutorial video of the next one?

Dave

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
Thanks for all the comment.

Great work there mate!, very nice level of finish. If you are wanting to play about with different colours i would highly recommend getting an airbrush, tiny little compressor and airbrush gun are about £50 from the bay of evil, but allow you to do some really cool stuff. I never regretted getting mine put it that way.

Love the slide show too, maybe a tutorial video of the next one?

Dave

That sounds interesting and I will think about that for the future. I have a friend who has taken up air brushing as a hobby so will see if he has old kit laying round.

I will be doing a video of the next sheath build as I go though it, just need to work get some more tools and bits and bobs

Cheers T.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE