Knife rehandle

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Steve13

Native
May 24, 2008
Bolton
I have an old original Tamarack knife with a great shape handle , only problem is the wood ( I think it is birch ) is not so nice , I would really like an antler or bone handle with thin red liners

Can any of the makers on here pm me with an idea of cost and what you can do to keep the shape and style of the knife

stuart m

Nomad
May 18, 2006
Sheffield
www.stuartmitchellknives.com
Yes I think so , the scales are dyed bone with black liners and nickel bolts
Dyed and stabilised bone...

I managed to get a bit of work done yesterday, after each finger thawing session and before the next, the scales were prepared, cut to size etc, and epoxied to the liners before I left, if I can get into the long grass today they might get fixed to the tang...

003-10.jpg

stuart m

Nomad
May 18, 2006
Sheffield
www.stuartmitchellknives.com
Not sure about the rest of you but for me the long grass get's harder to find as Christmas approaches :rolleyes:

Anyway, first job this morning I managed to get the scales fitted...

tam5.jpg

tam6.jpg

What I like to do then, particularly when it is so cold in the 'shop is put a little heat into the handle, to help the epoxy along, not much and a degree of shaping to the scales should suffice...

tam7.jpg

Then, a good few hours later, when the epoxy has gone off fully, crack on...

tam1.jpg

tam2.jpg

tam3.jpg

tam4.jpg

I have to say what a well designed knife this is, it is the second I have re handled and it is only when you have one in hand can you fully appreciate the little details that go into it, particularly in the shaping of the scales...

I reckon these scales look great on this contemporary classic...

Steve13

Native
May 24, 2008
Bolton
Stuart
That is fantastic , looks all that I was hoping for and then some, cant wait to have it in my hand

Thanks again

Steve13

Native
May 24, 2008
Bolton
Knife arrived back to me this morning and all I can say is when I hold it you just know it is right , the feel, the ballance , the look etc have all been improved beyond my expectations

Would highly reccommend Stuarts work

Thanks Stuart for a job so well done

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE