knife making

Mojoracinguk

Nomad
Apr 14, 2010
Hereford
I was given one of these for a christmas present

http://www.casstrom.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=36&zenid=3fe8a695d3eb7d3906d161ed6cc171f4

It was brought from ronnie sunshines (he was very helpful when i found the cord for stitching the sheath was misssing)

It was the 10cm Carbon steel blade with firesteel and sheath.
It came very sharp so care is needed when making!
The instructions were light on information as i was a noob, but I managed to do it)
I use it fairly regularly, either fire lighting (prepparing tinder and ingniting) or harvesting stuff.
I find it a bit too large for carving,but some time use it to remove large lumps of wood if my hatchet is busy else where.
I've had it for 7 months and not had to do any thing to the blade other than run it down a steel lightly to get it's edge back.

I was well impressed for the money, but have not heard any one else use these...is there something about them that the BCUK folk don't like...???

Mojo

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
WWW.Brisa.fi for supplies
The owner Dennis (IIRC) is a member over on British Blades and is a very good bloke to deal with - despite being Finland based, his service is often quicker than Royal Mail and he'll answer any queries over the phone. Tutorials on the site as well.
I have no connection other than as a satisfied customer who can recommend his good service.

ATB

Ogri the trog

Ph34r

Settler
Feb 2, 2010
Oxfordshire, England
Both brisa and the castrom kit (karesuando) will stand you in good stead. I think the karesuando kitt would be the best way to start off though, and then graduallly moving on into the world of BRISA. Good luck

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE