Knife-Machete-Sword

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
In fact, my current every day knife tool that I use working in the wood is one that I had given up on and thrown to the back of the workbench because I made a few mistakes on it. I came across it clearing up one day and just decided to finish it and put a handle on - it's not pretty (I daren't even put a photo up) but it's been the best knife I've owned for actually working with. Anything I make that looks at all tidy I end up giving away :(
I would love to see a picture, I have been looking for the ideal whittling design for years, PM a picture please.

I have an hss knife I made, it is not a work of art in any way, but really strong and evil sharp, I have in fact cut through a screw with it by accident, and no damage at all....

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
I would love to see a picture, I have been looking for the ideal whittling design for years, PM a picture please.

I have an hss knife I made, it is not a work of art in any way, but really strong and evil sharp, I have in fact cut through a screw with it by accident, and no damage at all....

Ah, sorry, it's not a whittler - it's a basher :) - I use it to split wood, cut and sned hazel rods, put points on pegs, make camp utensils ….

Well, as long as the real knife makers on here promise not to take the pi** (again) :) - full tang, 3mm 01

bashing knife.jpg

This is one of my tidier ones - long since given away :(

2017-12-22 17.22.31 - 1024 - 25.jpg

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
Ah, sorry, it's not a whittler - it's a basher :) - I use it to split wood, cut and sned hazel rods, put points on pegs, make camp utensils ….

Well, as long as the real knife makers on here promise not to take the pi** (again) :) - full tang, 3mm 01

View attachment 59011

This is one of my tidier ones - long since given away :(

View attachment 59012
They look brilliant, nothing wrong with that beater at all, and really like the below knife too.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE