knife handles

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Steve13

Native
May 24, 2008
Bolton
I too use arlyte but I prefer the slow setting stuff , gives you time to get evrything nice and tight

badgeringtim

Nomad
May 26, 2008
cambridge
Any two part epoxy resin will work fine.
I like to use a 'medium' time setting one since my first go set to quickly and was a horrible grey colour so i also now use clear. This has the advantage of filling any small nicks or soaking into leather spacers and up the sides to fill the grove either side of the blade (as you look down onto it) and making them dark which is nice and neat.

Also a little tip i started to do - when you fit your handle (one part or several pieces together) you will push the glue back up through the hole for the tang - this is a good thing to get a good fit but it can stick to the blade, which can be difficult to get off withut causing scratches. If you put a little vasalene on the blade part where you dont want it to stick you can let it go quite tacky and just peel it off without worying about it getting stuck on the blade!
Makes it much cleaner.

Appart from that have a go its suprisingly easy and dont be afraid to use rough rasps and files to shape it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE