Knife grind attempt

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Grebby

Life Member
Jul 16, 2008
Sutton Coldfield
I've finally got round to grinding the bevels on a blank that I got from HillBill about 2 [SUP]1[/SUP]/[SUB]2[/SUB] years ago :eek:

I had/am attempted/ing to put a chisel grind on a kitchen knife blank that I got 3 of from Mark at the same time but haven't finished that yet as it was taking forever and I don't get much free time where I can be noisy.

I came into a bit of money from my Dad a bit ago so when Ben(Bazzworx) put his grinder up for sale I thought why not :D

So new grinder setup (temporarily... well it's a new toy you've gotta have a play don't you) and I managed to get this done in about 2 or 3 hours
33669096010_df17feb593_b.jpg

33211372734_5573ed0915_b.jpg

33669096070_e9302ff283_b.jpg

What a difference a decent grinder makes :cool:
It's not perfect but I'm learning. It needs a bit more work on the whetstones to get rid of a few marks on the bevels and to get the edge better and I need to work out how to get better plunge lines but overall I'm very happy :D

Now I've got to clean it all up and work out how/what to use for the handle. Then actually finish the kitchen knife I started.

Cheers

Grebby

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE