knife blanks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jon r

Native
Apr 7, 2006
England, midlands
www.jonsbushcraft.com
where can i purchase a metal knife blank already tempered etc? i want one where the metal shows what shape the handle is, if you know what i mean (just like the knife blank used in a Ray Mears knife) Any one know any websites? i've browsed the net already but cant find a thing! :rolleyes:

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
when the blade follows the handle sape it is called a full tang blade.
do a search on here and see if you can find a supplier
if not buy a cheap mora and take the handle off
leon

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
jon r said:
where can i purchase a metal knife blank already tempered etc? i want one where the metal shows what shape the handle is, if you know what i mean (just like the knife blank used in a Ray Mears knife) Any one know any websites? i've browsed the net already but cant find a thing! :rolleyes:

Jon,

There are quite a few places that do them - heres one to start you off

Attelborough

Red

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire
Shing, who's a member on here and British Blades makes these type of knives. I've bought and made one form him in the past and they are excellent.

Have a search around on here for some examples.

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Shinken said:
The good stuff shop do them too THE GOOD STUFF SHOP

LOL...I so meant to write that in my last reply.

I just purchased a lapplander 90 blank from here on Shinken and g4ghb's recommendation of the shop and the blank (and some free vulcanised fibre liners :You_Rock_ thegoodstuffshop) arrived from Denmark two days later.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE