Kneissler pocket knives

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
Anyone know much about these

Kneissler pocket knife.jpg

There was more info on Britishblades before it died, I believe they are German made farmers knives. bust aside from the design being similr to the original Victoria/Victorinox knives I don't know much more

Its a pattern I'm interested in if anyone has any more info?

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
They write, in the fifth generation the family Kneissler produces pocket knives since 1875 in Zell am Harmersbach in the Black Forest (South-West Germany).

They do the normal pocket knifes in two sizes and with several handle materials, and they offer a wood marking knife and a shepherds knife too.

They write they produce tool knifes for farmers and no collectors stuff.

They offer stainless steel (rostfrei) and carbon steel blades.

In theyr working place they sharpen every quality stuff as a service, and in theyr shop they sell a lot of quality knifes and other kitchen stuff from other high quality makers too.

I think, with 8055 inhabitants that's more a village than a town, and so they do all and everything that belongs to kitchen and cutting tools. That area is very traditional.

In the middle ages Zell was the smallest independent town of the German empire, that's the reason why theyr colours of arms show the colours of the empire, the emperor, now a days the Bundesrepublik Deutschland, and no other sign like the larger independent towns have it in connection to the eagle.

That must have been an independent town you could walk through within 5 or 10 minutes.
Very funny. Surely worth a visit.

https://de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zell_am_Harmersbach

Röthlisberger is swiss.

I would like to point out, that Kneissler starts with 31€, Röthlisberger with 164 Schweizer Franken.
Last year I bought a well sized, nearly undecorated original Laguiole, made in France, for 60€, by the way.

Last edited:

Jared

Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Some odd Woodcutter knife... looks like some gouge
RIMG0995.jpg

Here's their Shepherd knife...
RIMG1008.jpg

Yes, Röthlisberger made some genuine Swiss army knives, for a time.

Reactions: Erbswurst

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Zell and the villages around:

High life in Zell:

Last edited:

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Karneval in Zell

As you can see here in this video, they organised a nice party when the Queen visited Zell.

Last edited:

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
They look rather good - simple, uncluttered design and useful blade shape. For 31 Euros, not a bad price either; it's a pity that they were out of stock!

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
I speak both languages pretty well.

"Produktionsort" means clear, where it is made, so it is made in Pakistan.

But "pays d'origine" could also be translated different. May be the knife lives in China, or the family comes from there.

The idea is Swiss. No question.

:cigar:

Jared

Sep 8, 2005
Wales

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE