Klarus NT10 LED Flashlight

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I have bought several fire steels from Going Gear over the last couple of years. I noticed at Blade that Marshall also carries quite an extensive line of flashlights. In my work and in my hobbies lights are something I can never really have too many of so I have been checking out their inventory of lights. Recently I saw his youtube video of a new brand of flashlights he has started carrying and I decided to check out a couple of them. Because they have similar characteristics I was going to review them together, but to make things easier on anyone researching these lights later on I decided to do separate reviews of each.

This one is the NT10, it is the one I wanted for edc because it was the size I wanted and looked to be fairly bright. I spend a lot of time out and about at night both in the woods and in an urban environment. I wanted a small light that was fairly powerful.

DSC_4921.jpg

The specs are:

Length:..........2.75" / 7cm
Diameter:........1.00" / 2.5cm at widest point
Weight:..........51grms (excluding battery)
material:........Aircraft Aluminum
Lens:............Toughened ultra-clear glass
Emiter:..........Cree XP-G R5 LED (50,000 hour lifespan)
Battery:.........1 CR123A
Max Lumens:......230
Max Run Time:....50 Hours
Waterproof to:...IPX-8

4 lighting levels and 3 flashing modes

Lighting levels:

Hi..........230 lumens (1.0 hrs)
Medium......120 lumens (2.8 hrs)
Low..........13 lumens (30 hrs)
Ultra low.....8 lumens (50 hrs)

Flashing Modes:

SOS:.........................120 lumens (7.8 hrs)
Beacon:......................120 lumens (39 hrs)
Variable Frequency Strobe:...230 lumens (2 hrs)

In the box there was the flashlight, a carry pouch, an instruction manual, and a small bag that has a replacement switch boot, a lanyard, and two spare O-rings. The pouch has a velcro fastener and will work on a belt but also has a ring for a snap-hook.

DSC_4937.jpg

It has a slightly castellated crown, and is pretty bright even in daylight.

DSC_4923.jpg

DSC_4925.jpg

DSC_4927.jpg

To operate the light you depress the switch at the rear with thumb or index finger. The side switch changes the level and activates the strobe feature. By rotating the head counter-clockwise (loosening) slightly you access ultra low. At this point the side switch operates the sos and beacon features. Press once for sos and the light will start flashing the SOS signal of 3 short, 3 long, 3 short flashes and will repeat this. Press twice for beacon and the light will flash and the do a two flash burst every 12 seconds.

This video show more about how bright it is at night. The road is a pass through the mountains here that runs through a dark gorge with no lighting. Maybe I should have done it in the woods where I didn't have to worry so much about traffic but I wanted a place that would offer better perspective on distance.

[video=youtube;kRgQLI6xb5Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRgQLI6xb5Q[/video]

It takes one CR123A Lithium battery

DSC_5094.jpg

The head of the light has a different thread type that the tail, but they are color coded so you don't get them confused. Bare threads at the head, and coated threads at the tail.

DSC_5009.jpg

I like the versatility of this light for my versions of edc. I keep it in my shirt pocket most of the time for easy access when I'm going minimal.

DSC_4941.jpg

But the lanyard also helps if I carry it in my pants pocket.

DSC_4940.jpg

It fits in my janus pouch when I am traveling light.

DSC_4943.jpg

If I have other gear in the pouch then I can clip it to the pack strap to keep it handy on the trail.

DSC_5346.jpg

Or, I can carry it in the pouch of a knife.

DSC_5075.jpg

The lanyard is handy when using it around water, especially swift moving water.

DSC_5330.jpg

DSC_5387.jpg

but if the water isn't flowing fast I don't think you have to worry too much about it taking a little dip. IPX-8 is a rating that says the light is safe for continuous submersion at greater than a meter of water. Over the last couple of days I have thrown it in the river and some creeks around the area from one foot deep to just over three feet and the light is still doing just fine.

DSC_5283.jpg

DSC_5279.jpg

So far the rain hasn't hurt it any either.

DSC_5268.jpg

So...now to see how it does over time.

Last edited:

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Another solid Review Brian, Nice use of the Video aswell , far better for perspective and depth.

Just need to find how much these are over here now.

Another solid Review Brian, Nice use of the Video aswell , far better for perspective and depth.

Just need to find how much these are over here now.

goinggear.com http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51 is the only seller of them as of yet. Marshall said that First Class postage to the U.K. should be around $5.00 and that you could calculate that for sure on the site.

3bears

Settler
Jun 28, 2010
Anglesey, North Wales
I have bought several fire steels from Going Gear over the last couple of years. I noticed at Blade that Marshall also carries quite an extensive line of flashlights. In my work and in my hobbies lights are something I can never really have too many of so I have been checking out their inventory of lights. Recently I saw his youtube video of a new brand of flashlights he has started carrying and I decided to check out a couple of them. Because they have similar characteristics I was going to review them together, but to make things easier on anyone researching these lights later on I decided to do separate reviews of each.

This one is the NT10, it is the one I wanted for edc because it was the size I wanted and looked to be fairly bright. I spend a lot of time out and about at night both in the woods and in an urban environment. I wanted a small light that was fairly powerful.

DSC_4921.jpg

The specs are:

Length:..........2.75" / 7cm
Diameter:........1.00" / 2.5cm at widest point
Weight:..........51grms (excluding battery)
material:........Aircraft Aluminum
Lens:............Toughened ultra-clear glass
Emiter:..........Cree XP-G R5 LED (50,000 hour lifespan)
Battery:.........1 CR123A
Max Lumens:......230
Max Run Time:....50 Hours
Waterproof to:...IPX-8

4 lighting levels and 3 flashing modes

Lighting levels:

Hi..........230 lumens (1.0 hrs)
Medium......120 lumens (2.8 hrs)
Low..........13 lumens (30 hrs)
Ultra low.....8 lumens (50 hrs)

Flashing Modes:

SOS:.........................120 lumens (7.8 hrs)
Beacon:......................120 lumens (39 hrs)
Variable Frequency Strobe:...230 lumens (2 hrs)

In the box there was the flashlight, a carry pouch, an instruction manual, and a small bag that has a replacement switch boot, a lanyard, and two spare O-rings. The pouch has a velcro fastener and will work on a belt but also has a ring for a snap-hook.

DSC_4937.jpg

It has a slightly castellated crown, and is pretty bright even in daylight.

DSC_4923.jpg

DSC_4925.jpg

DSC_4927.jpg

To operate the light you depress the switch at the rear with thumb or index finger. The side switch changes the level and activates the strobe feature. By rotating the head counter-clockwise (loosening) slightly you access ultra low. At this point the side switch operates the sos and beacon features. Press once for sos and the light will start flashing the SOS signal of 3 short, 3 long, 3 short flashes and will repeat this. Press twice for beacon and the light will flash and the do a two flash burst every 12 seconds.

This video show more about how bright it is at night. The road is a pass through the mountains here that runs through a dark gorge with no lighting. Maybe I should have done it in the woods where I didn't have to worry so much about traffic but I wanted a place that would offer better perspective on distance.

[video=youtube;kRgQLI6xb5Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRgQLI6xb5Q[/video]

It takes one CR123A Lithium battery

DSC_5094.jpg

The head of the light has a different thread type that the tail, but they are color coded so you don't get them confused. Bare threads at the head, and coated threads at the tail.

DSC_5009.jpg

I like the versatility of this light for my versions of edc. I keep it in my shirt pocket most of the time for easy access when I'm going minimal.

DSC_4941.jpg

But the lanyard also helps if I carry it in my pants pocket.

DSC_4940.jpg

It fits in my janus pouch when I am traveling light.

DSC_4943.jpg

If I have other gear in the pouch then I can clip it to the pack strap to keep it handy on the trail.

DSC_5346.jpg

Or, I can carry it in the pouch of a knife.

DSC_5075.jpg

The lanyard is handy when using it around water, especially swift moving water.

DSC_5330.jpg

DSC_5387.jpg

but if the water isn't flowing fast I don't think you have to worry too much about it taking a little dip. IPX-8 is a rating that says the light is safe for continuous submersion at greater than a meter of water. Over the last couple of days I have thrown it in the river and some creeks around the area from one foot deep to just over three feet and the light is still doing just fine.

DSC_5283.jpg

DSC_5279.jpg

So far the rain hasn't hurt it any either.

DSC_5268.jpg

So...now to see how it does over time.

awesome review as soon as i have some spare pennies I'll be upgrading from my streamlight microstream! :D

Thanks guys, I have been carrying it and using it daily for five months now. I am very pleased with it.

I have the ST20 as well and have put it through all of the same paces and it has held up very well also. I love the idea of the AA batteries... just prefer the compact size of the single battery for every day carry.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE