Kitchen oven advice

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
Just a quick question, my oven has just packed in, which is a nightmare at this time of year with chrimbo looming! I plan to rip the kitchen out next year and put in a range cooker, so I need an oven for a short period of time and dont want to spend loads, Gumtree being the obvious place. One thing though, are all integrated ovens the same size, i.e. hole and fitment?

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
For many years I used (and still have somewhere) a 'Baby Belling' cooker, two hobs, an oven and a grill, about the size of a large microwave it'll sit on the worktop.

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Have a look on espares, maybe its just the heating element that's gone.

espares has "spares" (funnily enough) and how to videos for most household appliances like washing machines, cookers etc.

Liam

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales

Gaudette

Aug 24, 2012
Cambs
Same thing happened to me last wednesday picked a cracker up on ebay for £60 which will see us through till next year. Espares is always worth a try though.

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
+1 for espares.
Also check out freecycle in your area.Many people just give things like cookers away when they get a new kitchen.
HTH Cheers < Simon

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
For many years I used (and still have somewhere) a 'Baby Belling' cooker, two hobs, an oven and a grill, about the size of a large microwave it'll sit on the worktop.

Good luck with cooking a turkey in one! :D

By the way, we have a range cooker - a Rangemaster Leisure 110 - wouldn't recommend it...

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Johnny,

This is a weird thought but......

We cook on LPG. LPG cookers (with oven) can be had very cheaply. chuck in a cylinder (outside) and a regulator and you have all you need. Then, when you have a new kitchen, you have a full sized cooker for outdoor jobs, jerky, barbecues and whatever you like.

I think your current is a "built in" but I thought I would throw it our there

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE