Kit

A

AndyP90

New to the forum but i enjoy taking out the dog on long walks and have recently wanted to stay out overnight with her.
Dont want to spend a great deal but am looking to out together a little kit i can take out and stay out.

I know i will need a tent, sleeping bag, mat, water bottle, something to cook in, food and a knife but where can i get these from?

cheers, Andy

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
The members classifieds/swaps on these very forums are a great place to start. You could probably get most if not all your gear off here over the course of about 2 weeks.

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
Just remember shelter, fire, water and food.

A tarp is nice instead of a tent especially with the god.
Sleeping bag, roll mat and bivvy bag/ground sheet if under the tarp
Fire steel is nice but a lighter will do, also some tinder- even if just cotton balls.
Water bottle and metal bug for a brew and to cook small meals.
Food and a kfs or spork to eat with, can be carved on the trail.
compass, map, whistle, signal mirror- just in case:)
First aid kit- just in case..
torch or/and headtorch
a knife is nice and a folding saw to get fire wood
also paracord to put the tarp up, also putting a few meters for the dog is better than keeping him/her on the lead all night
food/water bowl for the dog and i think this covers it :)

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
The members classifieds/swaps on these very forums are a great place to start. You could probably get most if not all your gear off here over the course of about 2 weeks.

I second that :)
When i first started camping i bought no end of gear, but my kit now has come from alot of thought and shopping around or off the forum.
Alot of the gear i bought at first has been thrown away or given away

Also keep and eye out on ebay :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE