Kit you keep in the car

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
You need to upgrade your stove, Esbit's are toys...get a little Coleman and a bottle of fuel at minimum:)

Some truth to this but-----what's wrong with a toy when I'm only playing about anyway? LOL. It's not like it's there to cook a serious four course meal. Just gonna brew a quick one or reheat rations.

That said, I am always looking for upgrades. What would you recommend for a light, compact single burner?

bigbear

May 1, 2008
Yorkshire
Decent folder, hand cleaning gel, tissues, minin tool set, show shovel and snow socks in winter, notebook and pen , first aid kit, torch, firelighters for climbing huts when its late on a friday night and the fire wont draw, usually a pair of walking boots and gaiters plus trekking poles.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Some truth to this but-----what's wrong with a toy when I'm only playing about anyway? LOL. It's not like it's there to cook a serious four course meal. Just gonna brew a quick one or reheat rations.

That said, I am always looking for upgrades. What would you recommend for a light, compact single burner?

I know a few American stove collectors who pick up all sorts of Coleman stoves from 'yard sales' for a couple of dollars.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Enough hard gear for 3 nights = bridge or culvert blowout in the spring (June) melt up top.
Saws for wind thrown logs in a storm that can come up in 10 minutes. Avalanches and rock slides
will spoil my day. Coleman Cooler & grub sacks depend on what I feel like taking. Duplicate box of kitchen condiments
to enjoy the isolation. If the frozen food thaws out, and I get out, that's supper in the house!
Shotguns & ammo to add game when I get lucky. 5gal drinking water, bog-rolls, etc.
Coleman petrol 2-burner stove, Coleman petrol lantern = stuff that works at any temp.
Cell phones are useless, GPS is uesless = Only one road, how can you get lost?
I will load all those things into the Burb in May. Take them out in November or the first blizzard, which ever comes first.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE