Kit Envy... Should I Be Worried?

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Should I be worried if I got a text this morning from a fellow forum member which read...

'Morning Steve. Did I dream it or do you have a Swedish army rescue blanket?' :bluThinki

What do folks think?

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Is there a rescue centre for Swedish army blankets? Do they get put down if no-one adopts them? What are the grounds for rescuing a blanket....blanket cruelty?

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Dont know, but do you have one?

No... it's not a blanket.

Best description is it's like a sleeping bag without zips with a big red cross symbol on one side.

But what MoT was thinking of I don't have at all... so he's gone from dreaming about my kit to imagining I have stuff that I don't :confused:

Is there a rescue centre for Swedish army blankets? Do they get put down if no-one adopts them? What are the grounds for rescuing a blanket....blanket cruelty?

You know.... that's a very good question Hugh... maybe they're mothballed :rolleyes:

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
You know... the item you have (or not have. Who's to say.).... was used to carry off casualties.... Just sayin'....

It's called a bårsäck.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
You know... the item you have (or not have. Who's to say.).... was used to carry off casualties.... Just sayin'....

It's called a bårsäck.

This is what Sam thought I had... and yes it does look like a body bag
jill61-603505-albums-emoticons-pic47441-confused-head-scratch-smiley.gif

BEFFjUGCEAAlVDJ.jpg:large

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
It actually is a bag to transport wounded soldiers. You can open up the sides and fill the area between the bags with hay, grass or whatever in order to keep the wounded from freezing.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE