Kit Carson neck knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bloodline

Settler
Feb 18, 2005
England
Has anybody got one of these Ive seen one on Heinne Haynes site for about £20 I thought it would make a nice back up knife and wondered if that nice little sheath could be modified to hold a fire steel. Any feedback would be appreciated before I splash out.

mojofilter

Nomad
Mar 14, 2004
bonnie scotland
This one?

f4.jpg

Its a decent wee knife and I'd imagine the design of the sheath would make it easy to graft a firesteel holder onto it.

You can have mine for a tenner if you like ;)

Bardster

Native
Apr 28, 2005
Staplehurst, Kent
mojofilter said:
This one?

f4.jpg

Its a decent wee knife and I'd imagine the design of the sheath would make it easy to graft a firesteel holder onto it.

You can have mine for a tenner if you like ;)

which begs the question.... do you not like it? and why?

mojofilter

Nomad
Mar 14, 2004
bonnie scotland
Bardster said:
which begs the question.... do you not like it? and why?

I have many, many knives, most of which are more expensive than the Carson :D The Carson is decent, nothing amazing but decent. I wasnt trying to offload it onto you, just offered (at 1/2 price) cos you fancied one and I had one lying about doing nothing, its no skin off my nose either way!

Bardster

Native
Apr 28, 2005
Staplehurst, Kent
mojofilter said:
I have many, many knives, most of which are more expensive than the Carson :D The Carson is decent, nothing amazing but decent. I wasnt trying to offload it onto you, just offered (at 1/2 price) cos you fancied one and I had one lying about doing nothing, its no skin off my nose either way!

Sorry I think the tone of my post went a bit awry - it was meant tongue in cheek, although I was curious on the answer as i had just ordered one :) I know what you mean about having excess knives, I've just put a handle on my first blade and really enjoyed doing it. Also reprofiled my wifes knife handle and my bush crafter plus the two cheapy Moras i got off ebay. I now want to buy more blades to put handles on but dont know what to do with them when i finish. making knives just for the sake of making them could get a bit expensive. :eek:

mojofilter

Nomad
Mar 14, 2004
bonnie scotland
Bardster said:
Sorry I think the tone of my post went a bit awry - it was meant tongue in cheek, although I was curious on the answer as i had just ordered one :) I know what you mean about having excess knives, I've just put a handle on my first blade and really enjoyed doing it. Also reprofiled my wifes knife handle and my bush crafter plus the two cheapy Moras i got off ebay. I now want to buy more blades to put handles on but dont know what to do with them when i finish. making knives just for the sake of making them could get a bit expensive. :eek:

No prob mate, making knives is good!

PM replied maver!

bloodline

Settler
Feb 18, 2005
England
:)When you thread highjackers have sorted yourselves out let me know if its any bl***y good and I might order one for myself :D

ChrisKavanaugh

Need to contact Admin...
CRKT makes decent knives. The smaller folders are among my favourites for assembling PSKs for friends on a budget who wouldn't normally carry a knife. They are certainly better than razorblades. As for Carson, my Dine' friends hate his guts with the same vehemance I hold Andrew Jackson in :rolleyes:

ChrisKavanaugh

Need to contact Admin...
Recall our common history of the battle of New Orleans (you guys want it now? :eek: ) at the end of the 1812 war. The people acting as intelligence scouts watching the advancing british army were Choctaw warriors- my people. Along with 4 other nations they were called The Five Civilized Tribes, having adopted many european customs to accomodate the new reality of America. Jackson made his fortune as a land speculator, and as president forceably removed these tribes from Georgia, Mississsipi and Lousiana to the Indian territories in present day Oklahoma. I am talking people who built farms, attended church, paid taxes, dressed in european clothing and served in the military.This is recorded as the Trail of Tears and was marked by great suffering and death. The Dine' -navaho or navajo is spanish met the same fate in their forced march to Bosce Redondo, to this date a hellish nothing located back of nowhere. Kit Carson had been a longtime friend and intimate of the Dine' people. his betrayal was simple profit motive. This is a long way from our knife thread, but indian people get their names used by insulting athletic teams, heros used to label bad beer while their genocidal tormentors get put on money and knifes :confused:

bloodline

Settler
Feb 18, 2005
England
I think il order mine today. Has anyone tried theirs on a firesteel and how snug is the sheath. I see the thread went international; I thought this - Kit Carson was a custom knife maker who farms his work out as his stuff is so good he couldnt keep up with production

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE