Killin

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Managed to get me and the wife into a converted barn for a few days up in Killin next week. Do any of you locals know of some decent day walks we can look into whilst we`re up there.
I know there`s a lot of history around these parts so I`ll be absorbing plenty of that too.

Just plannig on taking some time out and relaxing for a few days.

a12jpm

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 15, 2008
Perthshire
Killin will be a lovely place at this time of year. Most of the summer tourists will be long gone and the falls will by lovely, don't forget your camera. Wife worked as a nurse in Killin so she's patched up plenty of the West Highland Way walkers. There's loads of lovely walks and lochs to explore. My best suggestion would be go into the outdoor shop on the main street of killin. They are very helpfull guys who could point you in the direction of where to go and where not to go. They also hire out canoes on Loch Tay if you get a nice day. Here's a link below.

http://www.killinoutdoor.co.uk/

p.s. No connection with shop but have spent too much money there on many occasions when meeting my wife for lunch.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Perthshire is 'Big Tree country' and now is the time to visit as the autumn colours are superb.

You could hire canoes on Loch Tay. There is also a local company 'Beyond Adventure' that provide instruction - Gregorach and I once had a mornings instruction on the loch, followed by an afternoon trip down the River Tay to Aberfeldy, including the grade 2 rapids at Chinese Bridge. Recommended.

Have a look at the falls of Killin. if you have transport and its open, the crannog centre at the other end of the loch is excellent.

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
The birks o' aberfeldy in erm Aberfeldy, nice wee 1.5 hour walk up the hill, round the waterfall and back. Trees will be amazing.

Have a good one,

Alan

2955587467_78b89cd698.jpg

2956470504_ca437fdb5e.jpg

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
i tried my first shot at canoing there.i hired a old town camper from killinoutdoors a few years back .my two sons were only about 4 and 5 ,we put in just across from the shop on the dochart and paddled down on to loch Tay and had lunch.we had a great time,i will need to go back.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE