khukri

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

kevin1

Jun 17, 2009
Poole
Hi i am looking for a propper khukri knife and not the imitation ones that sit over the fire place.Is there anybody that can help!!!

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
Hi i am looking for a propper khukri knife and not the imitation ones that sit over the fire place.Is there anybody that can help!!!

Kukri's are made in villages, so they tend to vary in style and quality enormously. Many of the ones over the fireplace are probably genuine, in so far as they were made in the right place, but they made have been made with a lower attention to detail for the export market. The better ones, may have been made in the same village by the same smith even. Go to a reputable kukri trader and while authenticity is never usually an issue, price is generally a good guide to quality.

There are also some kukri shaped objects sold by knife manufacturers. They may be functionally good, but they are obviously not authentic. It depends what you want.

These people are very selective and know their kukri's well...
http://www.torablades.com/

The sirupate style blade is a good choice for bushcraft/camping type of stuff, with the shorter ones being possibly a bit more versatile, while the bigger/longer models make better choppers.

Last edited:

snag68

Tenderfoot
May 29, 2005
Birmingham UK
Hi

I've got 3 Khukri's at the moment, all from the khukri house. Great people to deal with, great blades.

I also had one of the first Tora bushcraft Khuks (one with the bigger utility blade in the back). Brilliant again and a great company to buy from. Only sold it as I wasn't using it.

Dazz

al21

Nomad
Aug 11, 2006
In a boat somewhere
I bought my Khukuri from the Khukuri House too. Very good service and a quality bit of kit. In fact I placed my order the same day as an order from a company in Wales and the Khukuri from Nepal arrived first. Recommended!

Al

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE