Key ring fobs/zipper pulls

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

asemery

Settler
Aug 11, 2005
Pennsylvania
pineapple.myfunforum.org
At a flea marked I recently found paracord in our local school colors. I made these key ring fobs/zipper pulls. I have my favorites and a couple I don't like at all. I will see how friends and neighbors feel and make more of the popular ones to give away. Tony

MTIMvzr.jpg

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Here's my C & C from 53N when I'm out the door in 30" snow overnight to shovel a path to the street:

I'm going to be wearing a Carhartt coat with a zipper front and some zipper pockets. Big snowmobile gloves.
1. I don't like the pulls with the clip-type fasteners. Just too easily rubbed open. Might never see it fall in the snow, won't find that until spring.
2. I like the colors, going to be easy to spot any time in th eopen on the ground.
3. I like the split-ring fasteners. I've got to be able to pull on the tabs with my gloves (or mitts) and the rings won't easily open at all.

I like the big rings (middle left) and the straight tabs with the Turk's Head(?) knots at the end. Good stopper if the pulls get wet & icy.
Half a dozen, middle right style but with big rings, will be fine, thank you.

asemery

Settler
Aug 11, 2005
Pennsylvania
pineapple.myfunforum.org
Here's my C & C from 53N when I'm out the door in 30" snow overnight to shovel a path to the street:

I'm going to be wearing a Carhartt coat with a zipper front and some zipper pockets. Big snowmobile gloves.
1. I don't like the pulls with the clip-type fasteners. Just too easily rubbed open. Might never see it fall in the snow, won't find that until spring.
2. I like the colors, going to be easy to spot any time in th eopen on the ground.
3. I like the split-ring fasteners. I've got to be able to pull on the tabs with my gloves (or mitts) and the rings won't easily open at all.

I like the big rings (middle left) and the straight tabs with the Turk's Head(?) knots at the end. Good stopper if the pulls get wet & icy.
Half a dozen, middle right style but with big rings, will be fine, thank you.
The waitstaff and other employees at local restaurants prefer the clip style fastener. It is easy to clip the fob to their apron or name tag. The split ring is more practical for the reasons you indicate

telwebb

Settler
Aug 10, 2010
Somerset, UK
keep going - use what you have when you have it - that is the point after all. I just signed back in after too long away to try and resurrect my paracord hobby - rusty but hoping to pick it back up! ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE