Kelly Kettle Mod

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

K.NYPH

Tenderfoot
Apr 30, 2009
Leicestershire
Hi All,
A number of you saw my Kelly Kettle mod at the moot,but for those of you that didn't I thought I would post some pics.It stops you burning your knuckles,kills the fire while you refill with water ,flip it open and the fire will reignite .If you have finished boiling water close the lid and the fire will go out leaving charcoal for easy start next time.
Please feel free to copy my design,you dont need to use brass I was just being a flash git.:)
I've just found a better way for you all to see the pics.:headbang:

BUSHCRAFT034.jpg

BUSHCRAFT032.jpg

BUSHCRAFT031.jpg

BUSHCRAFT030.jpg

BUSHCRAFT029.jpg

BUSHCRAFT028.jpg

smoggy

Forager
Mar 24, 2009
North East England
I find it boils a fir amount of water very quikly..............you can also cook atop the kettle or on the base..........Mines a medium size kettle and I think that if you compare the weight of my kit to a comparable size woodstove/kettle/pan and lid then I recon the Eco would work out lighter unless you are using exotics like titanium. All the bits fit within the kettle itself which reduces the bulk and it all lives in a handy drwstring bag.

Smoggy

K.NYPH

Tenderfoot
Apr 30, 2009
Leicestershire
RE : how long does it take to put out the fire.
Depends on the size of fire and size of wood on the fire normally 10s should do it but its one of these suck it and see jobs .
My first flip lid I made was out of an old aluminum sauspan and a couple of rivets and tube for the hinge it worked great untill my wife asked where her favorite old pan was.:yikes:

Andyre

Forager
Apr 20, 2007
Abingdon, Oxon
Really cool idea that John.
I did notice it when i was sat talking to you at the moot.
Did mean to have a closer look but forgot.
Thanks for reminding me by posting it here

steven andrews

Settler
Mar 27, 2004
Jersey
:confused:

1. You can prevent burns to your hands by lifting the kettle off with the handle held perpendicular to the ground.
2. Why would you want to kill the fire while you refill the kettle?
3. Putting an empty kettle back on the fire tray could damage it.

Sorry, but in my opinion, that's a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

K.NYPH

Tenderfoot
Apr 30, 2009
Leicestershire
I am back on as I have discovered the ignore list function on my user CP,"The Future looks good ,The future is GREEN"
No More having to read negative stuff
Ignore list :You_Rock_

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE