kelly kettle group buy

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
Good choice, I Iike my ghillie kettle very much :D There's a review and info here. I've the explorer 1litre fella and it does well for up to 4 cups/3 mugs. I normally have a 0.5L cup and use the rest of the water for washing up. If I completely empty it, a quick refill and the water heats again before the fire goes out.

The cook kits are not so useful to be honest, never used mine and don't think I ever will.

Cheers,

Alan

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
would be interested in this, are they saying they make the ones for edyon???

Correct.

And Kelly.

The models which are part of the group buy are their own 'Ghillie' brand.

Metal spinning is a pretty specialized field, which is why the same company would produce an item for what may appear to be a competitor, specialization and experience are the reasons that Primus built stoves for Jetboil.

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
doesn't make sense how the kelly kettles have poor build quality when everyone raves about the others? maybe made to a lesser specification

anyway i'm in, are we able to return them to the manufacturer if they do leak from the bottom???

WolfCub

Forager
Aug 6, 2008
Bucks
Sort of spoils the event knowing what your presents going to be..... but I realy must work on the Wife getting me one of these !!

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
Johnny,

I thought exactly the same thing when I learned that the Kettles were sourced from the same supplier.

If its not the spec' I can't think what it would be!

Given their experience, I doubt that you'll have any problems with the Ghillie Kettle, and in the extremely unlikely event that you did, their reputation and our consumer law would guarantee that you'd be a 'happy camper'.

sandbag47

Jun 12, 2007
northampton
doesn't make sense how the kelly kettles have poor build quality when everyone raves about the others? maybe made to a lesser specification

anyway i'm in, are we able to return them to the manufacturer if they do leak from the bottom???

kelly kettle took their buisness to another country. and that where the leaking kettles came from.

and postage is incuded in the price, and if i am guessing right we might get it even cheaper due to the drop in VAT.

stickbow

Tenderfoot
Aug 11, 2006
Northampton England
Hi There
I will have one and the cookset, I think the big one 1 1/2 litre size.
Just let us know how and when you want the money, cheers.

"Have fun shoot a stick"

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
I'll take a cookset thanks Sandbag. I already have the 1.5L ghillie and use the fire bowl to cook over quite a bit, though I usually have to jury-rig some form of pot hanger.

sandbag47

Jun 12, 2007
northampton
i ended up doing a group buy for ghillie-kettles as i got a good deal and i like the idea of the wistle instead of a cork.. check out the group buy forum if you are interested and let me know

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE