KarrimorSF Sabre 45 and body lenght (back lenght)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
U

Urwaljaeger

Hi Bushcraft UK, Swedish Lapland here :)
Interested in buying a Sabre 45 from a dealer in the UK but I have heard something
about that tall people could have a problem with the carrying system.
I´m 6,1 (187 cm).
Should I worry?

Jaan

Forager
Apr 22, 2011
Tallinn, Estonia
Recently ordered the same pack with side pockets. Also can't try it beforehand so taking a risk.

What I have learned though: read somewhere that the soft mesh part on the back of the pack is just under 50cm long. What I can see from the pictures is that there's like a couple of more centimeters until the shoulder straps start. So I'm guessing the back length is 52-54cm.

What is more important than how tall you are is your own back length. Mine is 55cm from the neck down to my butt, even though I am 184cm tall.

This is just the info I managed to piece together while doing my research, anyone can correct me on the Sabre's measurements if they can. If not I can tell you in a couple of days myself when the pack arrives! :)

U

Urwaljaeger

Great Jaan, I will wait for info from you.
Nice to hear from Tallinn :) Have a good friend there.

U

Urwaljaeger

Great udamiano!
Those 17 inches are exactly the same as on my Berghaus Centurio and Pantac Attack Pack.
I guess that means the Sabre 45 should have the same performance then.
Or am I wrong?

U

Urwaljaeger

Udamiano and Kepis!
Please tell me about the solution of carrying a hydration pack and taking out the drinking hose from the pack.
I can not see how Karrimor solved this at the Sabre 45 :-/

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Cant help you with that im afraid as i dont use hydration packs, but looking in the pack there is a small internal pocket that would take a bladder and i assume the pipe just comes out the top somehow?.

Dec 24, 2011
Sheffield
Jaan--
"What is more important than how tall you are is your own back length. Mine is 55cm from the neck down to my butt, even though I am 184cm tall."

Just to emphasize that point, I'm 183cm tall, so basically the same as Jaan, but my back length is 47cm. I'd say going from what other people have said, you should be fine, but unless you can try it out you can't be sure. When I got my bag I made sure it had an adjustable back system and I now have it on it's lowest setting and it is very comfortable.

U

Urwaljaeger

I have now started to look at the Predator 45 pack and I found some things that I was missing with the Sabre 45. Lower side pockets for my ax shaft and bush saw, compression straps even under the bottom of the pack, a more planned solution for a hydration system and a rectangular konstruction that I like. I will spend some more time going through everything again.
My wife will kill me :p ...

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
This might help..

25e7da6d.jpg

bfeb85f3.jpg

I'd get the sabre 45 over the predator every day of the week and twice on Sunday's...

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Hope this pic can give you some idea, im 6'3'' my back length from were neck meets shoulders,to the top of my hips is 60 cm's (i measured wrong first time got mrs to do it properley)as you can see from pic,
beachcampmatt006-2.jpg

the sabre 45 sits slighty above my waist level,you can see my waist belt bellow the sack, i swapped mine on here for that reason.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE