Karrimore Side Pocket modification?

johnny12345

Oct 17, 2024
New zealand
Anyone know where I can get someone to add sleeves to the back Karrimor side pouches, want to put extra gear in,
cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
What kind of gear, and do you mean that the "back" of the side pouches is the area between the 2 zips, that will be sandwiched between the pouch and the parent pack, or do you mean on the outside, away from the pack?

I added some 1" webbing, like individual PALS points, on the outside of my PLCE side pockets, then mounted compatible pouches to those. Didn't do it for when the PLCE pouches were mounted on the main pack though, because that would have made the whole assembly wide and ungainly. I wanted to use a Kifaru Organiser to mate two PLCE pouches together better as a day bag.
A regular home sewing machine managed it, albeit with regular SewAll thread, not heavy duty pack thread.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Hey @johnny12345 ,
You didn’t reply and explain more about what you want done.

Lets keep your project in this thread rather than sprinkle the same question into other folks' long dead threads.

I admit I am disappointed that no one else has chimed in with info on pack sewing. I am sure I have read threads on here about pack mods and custom work, but I can't remember the company names, or who mentioned it.

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
It maybe quite expensive to get the mods done. if your karrimor pouches have the fastex clips you could get a couple of cheap grade dpm PLCE pouches and connect them behind the main pouch. its a bit bulky admittedly but you can experiment until you are happy with that type of setup. Also you must be aware of the molle zip in panel from karrimor. they have a pocket (not secure) on the back and add molle pouches to suit your needs.

otherwise troopers of colchester
jayjays in brecon
kitmonster maybe able to help

Reactions: C_Claycomb

Moondog55

Forager
Sep 17, 2023
Geelong Australia
I've done a good bit of pack and rucksack sewing; I'd not posted because I have no idea what the OP actually wants and needs.
I did think originally that they wanted the sewn on pockets converted to Scotch pockets but without pix and diagrams I have no idea

Reactions: C_Claycomb

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE