Karrimor sabre 75 review

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Dec 16, 2007
Here you go ladies and gentlemen my review on the Karrimor 75 that I have just got sent over from Blighty.

Now I tried a different filming and editing thingy for this review and I am open to constructive crit on it dont just say it is S**T tell me what you think.

Thanks
Swampy

[video=youtube;MBkcbjz07B8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBkcbjz07B8&nofeather= True[/video]

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Nice review. My only problem was the volume was a bit low but that might well be on my end. As for the clips you wondered what they were for; is it possible they're routing clips for the drinking tube to the hydration bladder? They're certainly in the same place those clips would be on US military rucks.

Dec 16, 2007
Nice review. My only problem was the volume was a bit low but that might well be on my end. As for the clips you wondered what they were for; is it possible they're routing clips for the drinking tube to the hydration bladder? They're certainly in the same place those clips would be on US military rucks.

No thats not what they are for as there is holes on both sides to route the tube through near the zips for the PLCE rocket packs.
As to the volume that could be me as im using the mic on the tripod mounted camera and it is outside so you lose sound quality. So note to self speak up when talking to camera.

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
nice review but i did get a bit motion sick midway through trying to look at both screens at once :lmao:

the first loops/buckles i believe are to secure a clansman radio into the pack to hold it still
the second loops i believe are for routing radio cables to/from the clansman headset

ReamviThantos

Native
Jun 13, 2010
Bury St. Edmunds
Excellent review swampy, you have detailed stuff in relation to the packs fittings that i was as you say, not previously aware of thanks. Looks like a brilliant bit of kit.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2007
nice review but i did get a bit motion sick midway through trying to look at both screens at once :lmao:

the first loops/buckles i believe are to secure a clansman radio into the pack to hold it still
the second loops i believe are for routing radio cables to/from the clansman headset

This bergen is based on a civvy mountain pack and has nothing to do with the military so I dont think it is for a clansman radio. but good idea anyway and I can see where your thinking was going on that. They just seem odd and out of place to the rest of the buckles.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Good review swampy, good to see the front map pocket get a mention.

Thanks for the heads up on the sleeve pockets on the "wings", I'm on my 3rd Sabre 75 and I've never noticed them before, just checked and they take my SFA or Wilderness very nicely. I don't use the side pouches so I've always carried my axe upside down in one of the side pockets, it makes the handle stick up too far and makes the pack a bit unwieldy, the wing sleeves are much better ta

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
This bergen is based on a civvy mountain pack and has nothing to do with the military so I dont think it is for a clansman radio. but good idea anyway and I can see where your thinking was going on that. They just seem odd and out of place to the rest of the buckles.

that is true, that they're based on mountain packs but they could be additions specifically asked for by MOD/DOD? drop KarrimorSF an email and ask them, they'd tell you what they're for :)

MarkN

Jan 13, 2015
Dorset
Thanks for putting the review together, Swampy. After watching your review on YouTube I went out and bought one. From first impressions it's a rock solid Bergen and it'll serve me well. Are you still happy with yours? Is there anything you don't like or anything that you'd change? Looking forward to seeing other reviews.

garethw

Settler
Hi there
Interesting review and a novel way of presenting.

Standard TV, and video practice though is to shoot your B roll separately and edit together to make a smoother & varied clip. These are known as L cuts, due to the way the stack up on the timeline of your video editor.

It is also less distracting than having you hold a camera while talking. The picture in picture is neat for a few frames but not easy to follow for a whole clip.

With the main camera recording audio and being several feet from your mouth, the sound is always going to be too low. A cheap clip on mic (Audio Technica or Rode makes some good ones) can be picked up for £20 or £30, assuing your camera has a mini jack mic input. This gets your audio at the right level...

Ok tech stuff aside it was a nicely presented product review, of a great piece of kit... thanks

cheers
Gareth

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE