Karrimor Sabre 30

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rjbaal

Feb 3, 2005
Northeast USA
Any feedback on the Karrimor Sabre 30L would be greatly appreciated. I am looking for a small pack for long daytrips or overnighters.

Thanks in advance

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
almost every rucksack i own is made by karrimor. they make good kit that lasts.
my main rucsack is a jaguar and it's still going strong after 18 years.
also the sabre was designed for the military market so if anything its tougher than the regular packs.

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
Graham_S said:
almost every rucksack i own is made by karrimor. they make good kit that lasts.
my main rucsack is a jaguar and it's still going strong after 18 years.
also the sabre was designed for the military market so if anything its tougher than the regular packs.

I still use my old Jaguar S75 ,still going strong after all this time (17 years).

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
rjbaal said:
Any feedback on the Karrimor Sabre 30L would be greatly appreciated. I am looking for a small pack for long daytrips or overnighters.

Thanks in advance

I had one, used it as my climbing bag (I have a lot of kit in it, most climbers prefer something smaller) and as an occasional daybag when my 40/60 patrol pack was too big - until it got stolen with all my gear in it :eek: but I would very strongly recommend it, excellent bag :D

Spacemonkey

Native
May 8, 2005
Llamaville.
www.jasperfforde.com
I use one too. The great thing for me is that I use it on my motorbike as a daily kit bag for all my work kit, and I can thread the belt through the loops on the sides of the base neatly so they don't flap around at speed. I don't use belts on tiddler packs so this is ideal.
Great pack and ace value. How the heck do you get a 58 bottle kit in the pockets? I can barely get the pockets open on mine (my only complaint as i use them regularily) and the waterproof cover in the lid pocket is a pain for everyday use as my stuff gets lost all around it. But i can live with that!

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
Re- RB

there are some places who have old stock for befor the company was sold the bags are cheapish but hard to find otherwise you have to go through PRI who now make them.

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
I had checked out the PRI site but i was hoping to find some NOS at the right price.

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
there were a lot in the sports world stors (owned by Lonsdale london who now own karrimor) but the plymouth one ran out some time ago and they arnt getting any more... i dont know if this is the case else where!?

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
penrith survival stock them, i was thinking of getting a sabre 45 from them.
it's got a little more room than my joe brown and has zips for PLCE side pockets

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE