Karrimor Delta rucksack

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bigmul

Tenderfoot
Jun 15, 2008
Whitley Bay
Hi all,

Anyone use a Karrimor Delta sack? I had been looking for a medium sized sack and thought that the Delta 35 looks pretty good. Had also thought about the Snugpak Sleeka Force 35 aswell.

Anyone?

Cheers

Lurch

Native
Aug 9, 2004
Cumberland
www.lakelandbushcraft.co.uk
No experience of the Snugpak but my most used bag is a Delta 25. Very happy with it and wouldn't sell them if I wasn't.
It's a short bag but you aren't going to be hauling that much weight that hip contact is going to be an issue.

bigmul

Tenderfoot
Jun 15, 2008
Whitley Bay
Yeah, I don't think it'll be something to carry much weight in, but people do say that they go on overnighters with just a 35l bag - I'm certainly not in that territory myself!

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
35 litres is more than enough for an overnight bag, although saying that, I find it much harder now to stay below that volume than when I was a skint schoolkid.
When I was 14, a couple of mates and myself spent almost a week wandering around Ennerdale and Buttermere, carrying everything in our 50 litre frame rucsacs, which we thought, at the time, were the height of technology. We had plastic sheets for tarps ( that we'd nicked off a building especially ), sleeping bags and orange plastic bivvy bags for when things got really wet ( which, as it turned out, was four days out of six ). Most of our food was tinned, but it turned out that hot dogs and beans are good for morale, and can be eaten cold if needs be. To save our two Camping Gaz Bluet cartridges, we cooked over a fire as often as possible using our ex army mess tins, although the wood was so wet that most of the time we had to use the stove to start the fire, and we realised early on that mess tins are probably the least efficient pans in the world.
On that trip, the major navigational gaff that we made was mistaking Kirkfell for Great Gable; we only realised that we were on the wrong mountain when the cloud lifted for about two minutes and we realised that pillar was a bit close.
The quote of the trip though, was on the last day. We were sat on the shores of Crummock Water brewing up and having a snack before our walk back to the bus stop in Cockermouth. A large group of walkers passed us, wearing gear that we'd only ever seen in shop windows in Keswick. One of the kids in the group stopped and stared at us, and then uttered the immortal line: "Look mummy, nomads."

Cheers, Michael.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE