Karrimor Bladder Help needed!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Yorkshire

Nov 2, 2010
Newcastle
Bought a new bladder for a camelbak rucksack but bought a karrimor bladder, it was 20 quid cheaper!!

The mouth piece (rubber bit you bite on) must need cutting because its all sealed and no water comes through?? Threw away the packaging and unsure how to do it, dont wanna ruin the thing now.

Any ideas chaps?

slasha9

Forager
Nov 28, 2004
Cannock
woodlife.ning.com
I had the same issue with mine, got in touch with Karrimor and they told me that I just needed to make my own opening in the bite valve(!)

Pretty silly if you ask me but it worked okay after that

Snarf

Nomad
Mar 30, 2009
Birmingham
Most bottom end market bladders are ok, (Karrimor, eurohike, stormshield etc) but because of the way they are manufactured the bitevalves almost always do not show the water outlet, a good hard bite or a little pressure from a flat head screw driver fixes the problem instantly.

As for wear, they are quite rugged but you get what you pay for ;) i have always used platypus bladders as they are tough and very versitile and cheaper than camelbak.

Snarf

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE