Kabar mark 1 with Kraton handle

Tom89

Tenderfoot
Jul 23, 2013
England
Does anyone have any experience using the Kabar mark 1? If so would they recommend it for a knife that will be used for light to medium use?

Shovel

Forager
Jul 12, 2012
Wherever I choose to live.
It looks pretty good. I'm not sure how the grind is, and whether or not it will cut well. another thing to consider is this: What is light to medium use? I would look into knives that are more focused on cutting performance, and are fairly thin for what i interpret light to medium use as being.

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
i have the MK 1 with the leather handle and it's a cracking knife, good size, comfy, needs a sharpen when you get it but then most knives do. It's well made although being a stick tang i always keep it for the lighter duties, it's certainly not a pry bar ! i would'nt batton with it but then again i don't batton any of my knives ( use an axe....thats what they are for !! ) I'm going to get round to making a sheath for it as i don't like the one it comes with.

overall........good knife and as the grind is full height it is much better at food prep than a standard 3 or 4mm bushy blade.

hope that helps

Last edited:

Tom89

Tenderfoot
Jul 23, 2013
England
Cheers mate so would you recommend it to someone. And that's fine about the tang, like u I only intend to use it as a knife and not as an axe. Would you say it's a good all rounder tho for all the things a knife should be used for?

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
I realy wanted to like the one I played with but to be honest my Mora was a better slicer. It was a bit handle heavy too.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE