Just watched megafactories

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dannytsg

Native
Oct 18, 2008
England
Just watched the mega factories episode on Victorinox and their production of SAK's.

I must admit that I was really impressed with the whole process from manufacture to the quality control process and the lifetime guarantee they offer.

Has anyone else seen the episode (it aired on national geographic)

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
They had a story on the BBC about how they in there whole history have never layed of staff members for economic reasons, they lent them out to other companies who just payed there hourly rate or some such and worked for them.

Prity good if you ask me.

Edit to Add:

Also after watching that I have to say I am impressed I liked SAK's before but seeing the shear amount of quality work that goes into one+ and that repair shop they have repairing a knife from 1924 just blows me away.

Last edited:

mentalnurse

Apr 4, 2007
ashton-in-makerfield,wigan
wanted to watch that after some chatter about it, thanks really enjoyed it, wish they would do more knife ones,, spyderco, Ka-bar,EK knives the list could go on on and on, full session of just knife making .

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE