Just in case?

georann

Feb 13, 2010
Warwickshire
www.slice-of-fire.co.uk
Having just read John Fenna's paranoid ramblings about his parcel from Dave Budd, one particular post got me thinking...
Now I'm not a believer in this 21st December TEOTWAWKI business but should we prepare just in case? OK the world is no more likely to end that day than any other and no I'm not a prepper, but would it harm just to have a few things together so we don't get caught with our trousers down if it did hit the fan? Or at very least a good excuse to sort out my kit so I know where everything is!

Just a thought.

Dan

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
http://www.seti.org/doomsday-2012-factsheet

I love the idea of "preparing for the end of the world" So would that be cracking open the "dehydrated new world in a can" and just adding water :)
Building a spaceship to escape perhaps? The hidden planet behind the sun that we somehow missed or the prediction of earth quakes and floods, like every year.

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
I'd regard it along the lines that, "I dont believe my house would burn down tommorow, but I do have insurance.."

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
We have stuff in the cupboards that will last us a few days and a life saver bottle plus other filters. I don't prep because half a mile away there are squirrels and rabbits.
If there were to be a world changing event, I'm pretty sure it's out of my hands what the outcome will be, but I don't like losing.

touched by nature

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
4 days before xmas? If people don't have somewhere to go where there will be a months worth of food and drink they have my sympathy :(

brambles

Settler
Apr 26, 2012
Aberdeenshire
Now I'm not a believer in this 21st December TEOTWAWKI business but should we prepare just in case?

If all of the gibberish about the 21/12/12 is not gibberish, then what are you preparing for? There will not be anything to prepare for because there will not be anything, the world will have ended, it will be an ex-world, it will be gone.

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
Have you seen the weather forecast for this week?
6e5emy3e.jpg

:lmao:

touched by nature

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Hahaha ...... Excellent !

Turn the 999° upside down & you have the sign of the beast,a hidden message prehaps.... I'll be chalking a pentagram on the kitcen floor, just in case.:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE