Just got one of these.....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
....because trailstars are now mega expensive!

For me and the dog.

Cannot wait to get it, and use it. 3-4 season for the hills.

shangri-la2_large.jpg

Its not Yellow. :nono: Its dark bamboo. ;)

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
No mate its a proper Go-lite. They are hard to find now. Shangri-la 2. Two trekking poles as tent poles.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Posties just been. Im like a kid in a toy store. What a fantastic bit of kit for my purposes.
Its a real shame go-lite, who pioneered a lot of the lightweight scene are no more.

This is my third go-lite. The impregnated ripstop sil they used, is still really really good strong stuff. And the classic ridge tent shape is a favorite.

Over the moon!

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I got their quilt cheaply at a little shop near me (half hour drive or a bit more) that used to get close out and other cheap stock direct from Golite. I got a quilt good for comfort down to - 7°C for £100. It's XL sized weighing 690g. Water resistant fabric to the foot box and a strip at the head end.

A really good design with top quality materials for when I got it. It really is a shame they over reached themselves and went bust or sold out.

BTW that little kit shop became mail order only and closed the actual shop. It's a real shame such independent shops close like that.

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Am i right in thinking go-lite started trading again under another name or someone bought some designs or something?
Seem to remember seeing it on a forum somewhere a while back

I always wanted the shangri la 5 for a hot tent

Nohoval_Turrets

Sep 28, 2004
Ireland
Am i right in thinking go-lite started trading again under another name or someone bought some designs or something?
Seem to remember seeing it on a forum somewhere a while back

I always wanted the shangri la 5 for a hot tent

https://mytrailco.com/

They have a 5-man teepee similar to the old Shangri-la 5, and 3-man bendy-pole tent. So no equivalent to the op's tent above.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE