Just got my Karrimor Sabre 45 yesteday

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nicolas

Forager
Jun 2, 2008
Dublin
hi folks,

I was very much looking forward to this, I have a Vulcan...
vulcan_vorne.jpg

And don't get me wrong guys I absolutly love that daddy, furthermore I bought the Vulcan for 20 Eur on Ebay it has been in use with a girl that has traveled around the world with this Rucksack so it has a history and I like that.
But... and this is my mistake, I think I have a medium size as in the smaller version, not from the capacity of stuff to put in but from the size of the Hip strap and so forth, even after a lot of fiddling around I cannot get the Vulcan to be very comfortable.
So I had to carry most of the stuff with my shoulders what is not that much of an issue (so i thought) my pashion is also weightlifting so I have quite strong shoulders back and traps.

However with the summer aproaching I though it maybe is time for a new Bag and I went for the Karrimor 45 SF.

First impression yesterday was everything the Reviews are saying is spot on, feels good, looks good.

Since we are going hiking on the weekend I repacked my bag from my Vulcan to my karrimor.
First off and that came as a big suprise, the Sidepockets from the Vulcan actually match to the Karrimor, so there will be no need for me to get the extra expensive sidepockets...
Seriously couldn't believe it.

After I put all my stuff in I put the Sack on and had a good feel for it, and I ahve to say I it;s such a difference when you have a pack were you can actually use the Hip belt, it feels like there is litteraly no weight on your shoulders.
I have not fully adjusted the Karrimor yet but I think i dedicate some time today to get it fully setup.
i will keep the Vulcan and hope my wife will like it, if not never mind I keep it for emergencies or when I go out with a friend who needs a good backpack.

Overall I think I will be very pleased but I tell you guys more when I'm back from my hiking trip.

Mastino

Settler
Mar 8, 2006
Netherlands
Good for you, the Sabre is an excellent piece of kit and is sizewise the most versatile pack I own.
I also have the Vulcan and love it very much; it's a size 2 and I'm 1,92 mt so I should experience problems but I don't. Probably I'm a misfit with long legs and a short back, who knows...

The only mod I've made is an alluminium H frame that I fixed to the original frame using duct tape. And it works like a charm.

enjoy the pack!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE