Just bought an AW Woodlore for £20 in Cash Converters!!!111

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Aaron

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2003
Oxford/Gloucs border
Just bought an AW Woodlore for £20 in Cash Converters!!!111
Twenty quid? You've been ripped off mate. Silverback bought one for £15 in the cash converters in High Wycombe. Ha ha! I wonder what mug flogged it to 'em for that!

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
ludlowsurvivors said:
Sadly there really is a SKYHOOK...Look HERE

Not the only one either...
pzlgdl.jpg

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
weaver said:
Cash Converters? Would that be something like a pawn shop?

Kind of, they do pawnbroking but they have other services as well.

http://www.cashconverters.co.uk/services.php

The ones I've been generally overprice their goods and don't offer much for the goods they buy. Their loans have horrendous interest rates, they charge too much for cashing cheques. I think they are a rip off and I seldom look inside.

weaver

Settler
Jul 9, 2006
North Carolina, USA
Thanks Rebel! Sounds pretty much like most of the pawn shops here. I look sometimes and have found some great deals on machine shop and measuring tools when they don't know what they have.

David.s

Forager
Jan 27, 2007
Glasgow
www.myspace.com_evil_scrappy
i went in for some bags of air for the works compressor, but none.
also some spot welds, they were out of stock.
:lmao:

being a mechanic, i have great fun winding the new wee apprentices up lol.

best one is spark plug gaps, always fall for it.

dommyracer

Native
May 26, 2006
London
You reckon they'd know the value of a Woodlore knife? I've bought stuff from CC and sold it for a profit on ebay on quite a few occasions.

Round my way we like to call it Crack Convertors.

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
Yes, non-stick glue is what i used to manufacture my mosaic pins from filopian tubing, also purchased at that fine establishment for the very reasonable sum of £****. I also got a handful of magic beans there, though they cost me my Bose stereo and first born, but they told me it was worth it!:bandit:

ArkAngel

Native
May 16, 2006
North Yorkshire
As an ex-chef i have actually had someone fall for the "long stand" i couldn't believe it!

I did get a work experience person to go to the local butchers and ask for "5 pounds of chicken lips"

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE