Just a wasp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
They were both hand held, taken with my Canon S2IS. I'd love a digital SLR, but wouldn't get one past the missus! Just thought I'd grab a few snaps on a day out with the family:

IMG_2142.jpg

That darter shot's amazing.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I must confess the dragonflies were last years as were the azure blues. I was pleased with the darter - no fancy lenses on that one but it worked out well - not a patch on Mr Toad though :)

I did get some basic shots of beautiful demoiselles last weekend - only basic shots since I only had the pocket camera with me

2557791105_54902545b7.jpg

2558613532_7de06c29e4.jpg

I claim no special knowledge on the damsels - Kevin (Fenlander) kindly explained the difference to me when I mis-identified an azure blue as a common blue :eek:

As for the thread title <shrugs> needs a mod to do that :) . What should we call it? Random Close Up piccs? :D

Red

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
This one is from last year, I'm gonna have to go out this weekend and get some decent pictures taken. In fact, I have a job on this weekend to help my daughter in a competition at school taking close up shots of wildlife. There are a whole host of animal related categories to take part in, such as making an animal from veg and things like that. With Rachels' fascination with snails, which is bordering on the obsessive, I thought some cool pictures of snails may help her out in the stakes! I have a plate glass front to the TV stand that could come off for some funky underside shots!

HPIM2890.jpg

A flying bug of some sort on a dead flower of some sort! :D

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I'd take a punt at one of the Siphlonuridae family Steve but I'm guessing big time!

dtalbot - wish I'd been there to see that - I'd have loved to photograph him / her:)

a little more prosaic but this fellah is making great inroads into the aphids in the picture above - go fellah :D

2568795286_18c9465e19_o.jpg

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Just messing with the macro lens :)

I think your flutterbye might be a Meadow Brown spam (corking photo btw) - Jon P I'm sure an expert will give you a better idea though!

Red

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Cheers Red, although it was taken with my old HP 850 so no manual focus at all and it really was quite annoying when it used to buzz whirr click to get the focus right and then end up focussing on a blade of grass instead of the obvious subject in the frame! :rolleyes: Got to get out with the S6500 and give it a go, which is a lot more economical on batteries!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE