Junior recurve Bow?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

silvergirl

Nomad
Jan 25, 2006
Angus,Scotland
Realised that my sons 10 birthday is rapidly creeping up on us and I want to get him something with a purpose.

As he has everything he needs (food, clothes, canoe, sheath knife, roof over his head, ) I thought perhaps I ought to start introducing archery into his life.
So I'd thought of getting him a bow (full set actually). But I'm not really sure what to look for.

I used to teach archery, in what feels like another lifetime,
but I just used the equipment provided by work and didn't really pay that much attention to makes, draw weights and lengths etc. (or if I did I've forgotten) so I now feel I'm not sure where to start looking.

Would anyone be able to recommend a make, size that would suit a 10yr old
and what sort of price should I expect to pay?

Of course I may have to get myself something so I can join in

:D

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
heh heh exactly my tack last christmas! I got him a wee recurve from ronnie sunshines, link here. It's OK, he's not big enough to overdraw it yet maybe a year ir two. The quiver thing is for the bin and there's also a junior S1 bow there for a little more money. We quite often plonk away in the back garden for an hour or so. You'll know Michael's height from the SotP bloggs, in fact we could bring to Loch Lomond if you want, let you see it in the flesh?

Cheers,

Alan

JimN

Forager
Feb 7, 2006
The Amber Valley
The Decathlon bows are not bad for juniors, as a first bow at least. Allows them to decide if they want to take it further.

Maybe find a local club that has junior kit available so you can check what pull weight is required?

Cheers

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE