jungle hammock

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jamesoconnor

Nomad
Jul 19, 2005
Hamilton, lanarkshire
hi there,
i have one and theyre fantastic. i used it at the recent scottish meet and had a sound nights sleep. so much so that i hope i wasn't snoring too much!! :D
its real easy to put up, i use the same knot that you would do for your shoes and haven't fallen down yet!! lol
the net gives you ease of not worrying during the night of any midges getting at you, the mesh is really fine.
id easily recommend it also as its the only thing my wife would use when camping too as no bugs would get to her! lol

if you want to know more just ask me.

regards
james

Spacemonkey

Native
May 8, 2005
Llamaville.
www.jasperfforde.com
Agree with the above. If you flit around Tom's site you will discover his blog site http://www.claytor.com/ And you will discover that he lafet his native Pennsylvania in his Cessna in '92 and has never returned! Currently, he has done Europe, Africa, Middle East and is currently in Thailand, where he makes the hammocks and sells them through his website http://www.mosquitohammock.com/ . Trek Direct buy them from him, as he makes them himself, so buy direct from Tom himself. He was incredibly helpful with my order, and he strikes me as a genuine bloke, so buy his!! The design is fantastic and very well thought out. Very comfy and well made too. Without a doubt, the best desgin for the money available if you ask me. Also the most stable. It uses two straps at each end which if you wrap them both around the outsides of a tree it will give a totally stable night and is very difficult to rock. A bit like this: o><hammock><o if that makes sense, as opposed to the sinlgle rope design which swing like crazy: o--<hammock>--o if you understand that! Any more questions on the design give me a shout! I have no affiliation, but will sing the praise of a great design that deserves it's merit.

Oct 6, 2005
Scotland
Hello all,
been reading ur advice on hammocks and thought id add my wee bit o a funny story,

Ive owned a hammock for more than 15 years made from paracord, bought from survival aids in glasgow and has and still is a great piece of kit ive had four people sitting on it on front of the fire only thing thats happend is the o rings are no longer Os more like () s :) .
So this year i thought id treat myself to a new one and shopped around and went for one like u'll have been talkin about with built in midgie net and the ripstop nylon base "mosquito traveller" from the ebay "the cowshed" So..

Few weeks later me and my m8 go fishing on loch long, setting up camp for obvious reasons I tell my m8 to use my old hammock setup. so we have nice night fishing and a few whiskeys and head fir our beds.. so i climb into my new hammock, get my mp3 player going just need to twist sleepin bag over my shoulders and id be out like a light BUT as I twist theres a twang and I go upside down and now im lying on the midge part o the net and the zip is at my heals and im in a mummy bag :eek: and my m8 is well sleepin had 2 cut hole it to get out. turned out two of the paracord lines at the top had snapped and that had inverted me..

P.s Dont think it was meant for 17 STONE :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE