[June 27th-29th] Stead Hall Wood (Between Otley and Ikley)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
I usually just relax in woods, cook lunch, process some wood for communal if needed to top up. Hoping to try a bit of friction fire this meet or maybe go for a walk in local area maybe. I never usually make plans, just wing-it and see what happens on day.

Do you have anything planned?

Ashfire

May 7, 2014
Holmfirth
No not really, figured if there is a communal fire will help out with wood collecting etc. anything else that needs doing i will help out.
Thought about going for a walk. As I'm new il probably just see what people are up too etc. and take it easy.

Frazer

Tenderfoot
Dec 18, 2009
Highlands
Alrighty, I'm working to 2130 on Friday so I'm looking at ambling along Saturday afternoon at some point.

1. ADz-1983 (Fri/Sat)
2. Digitracker
3. Flyfisher
4. copperhead TBC
5. Black Sheep + 1 (Fri + possibly Sat)
6. Ashfire (Fri/Sat)
7. Scott (TBC)
8. Andy (TBC)
9. tartanferret (TBC)
10. Dave (TBC)
11. digitracker junior (TBC)
12. Frazer (N/A)

Last edited:

tartanferret

Aug 25, 2011
barnsley
Thanks for another great weekend !

Was nice to chill, meet a few more people and try out my Poundland oven thing.

I just winged it. Absolutely gorgeous. Butterflied leg of lamb, cooked to perfection, it was sat on asparagus and white wine.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 18

tartanferret

Aug 25, 2011
barnsley
After relaxing in foil for a while, on my special chopping board ( lid off a box of Jacobs cream crackers)

image.jpg

Ps i seared the lamb first, the "oven" finished it off lovely.:p

I think I've inspired a couple of the lads to do a joint of beef,

Next up, Yorkshire pudding and roast spuds :p

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
Indeed bud, was great getting out and chilling round campfire. Just a shame I couldn't make it first night. Great to see a couple of new faces. (Thanx for helping out Rich).

Will deffo be trying a joint of beef soon, maybe at next meet. Think I'm going to spit-roast it though, Yorkshire, spuds, stuffing and gravy :D

Black Sheep

Native
Jun 28, 2007
North Yorkshire
photobucket.com
Had a good over-nighter Friday with my daughter. The long wet grass was a killer especially when we found her boots weren't waterproof :-(

Still we managed thanks to dry socks and freezer bags. Her first night in a hammock was a success. Met a few folks new and old. Glad to see TF's oven worked ok.

Laura made a dream catcher from Hazel, hemp twine, a few beads and spotted woodpecker feathers we found. She left it in a tree by way of a thanks to the woods.

Hope we can make another meet soon.

Rich

Ashfire

May 7, 2014
Holmfirth
What a great weekend!
Really good to meet people and have a few drinks (Adz i hope you found the money i left on a leaf for you, put a few quid extra in for the beers).
Will be along to another one for sure!
The lamb was inspiring, i called at Sainsburys on the way home and got a leg for sunday lunch, not as nice as the fire oven version though!
Ash

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
That looks like it went really well, will deffo be up for the July meet up

You'll be welcome bud.

Had a good over-nighter Friday with my daughter. The long wet grass was a killer especially when we found her boots weren't waterproof :-(

Still we managed thanks to dry socks and freezer bags. Her first night in a hammock was a success. Met a few folks new and old. Glad to see TF's oven worked ok.

Laura made a dream catcher from Hazel, hemp twine, a few beads and spotted woodpecker feathers we found. She left it in a tree by way of a thanks to the woods.

Hope we can make another meet soon.

Rich

Cool, glad she enjoyed it. :)

Yeah the grass has overgrown a bit in walk up to woods, I guess my Sealskinz did their job though as didnt notice water :D

I didnt spot the dreamcatcher, will have to keep an eye out for that in July, Did you take any pics of it/your night bud?

What a great weekend!
Really good to meet people and have a few drinks (Adz i hope you found the money i left on a leaf for you, put a few quid extra in for the beers).
Will be along to another one for sure!
The lamb was inspiring, i called at Sainsburys on the way home and got a leg for sunday lunch, not as nice as the fire oven version though!
Ash

Indeed was a great night, good to have met a couple of new faces round the fire :)

Yeah I found the money bud, but there was no need for the extra £3, I'll knock it off your next time ;)

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
Great pics bud. She's done nice work on that dream catcher :)

me7u6y9e.jpg
a4udyjyd.jpg
asymene5.jpg
2ujeqyha.jpg
ugegu4u3.jpg
6eza8ahe.jpg
yrahy7e2.jpg
apy3y3yz.jpg
uvyhuny3.jpg
e5ape4y3.jpg
uhu2ymug.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 4

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE